Throughout the sea of recruitment companies in Norwich advertising for internal recruitment positions, we understand that it can be overwhelming scrolling through the same advert clichés' (uncapped commission, career progression, £40k OTE blah blah blah), So, from one ex recruitment rookie to another, here is an honest overview of what a career in recruitment could look with Gap Professional.
So, what you will be doing?
Sales & Account Management:
• Working as a team and supporting the permanent recruitment desk in achieving targets
• Growing and maintaining the permanent business by being an ambassador and promoting gap professional to both clients and candidates
• Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients and candidates by ensuring an efficient and seamless service is provided
• Making regular sales and service visits
• Pro-actively manage and develop existing client accounts identifying opportunities to grow new revenue
• Negotiate client agreements
• Actively register and market candidates following company and GDPR compliance
• Actively market candidates to clients
• Effectively match candidates with client requirements and secure interviews
• Carrying out comprehensive candidate interviews
• Ensuring that every candidate feels valued and has a positive experience
The challenges - what are they?
• We work long hours - we are committed to working in partnership with our clients and guess what? They do not always work 9am-5pm! That means we do need to make ourselves available to suit clients & candidates.
• You to start from 0 -The ground work and the time and effort you put into your first few months will be hard, and you have to be prepared to be knocked down and pick yourself up and do it over again.
• You will be let down - you soon realise that people are possibly the hardest product to sell and manage
Why do we do it?
• The people - through networking, candidate attraction and client partnerships you will get to meet and work with so many people and will build relationships and friends that you will work with at lots different points in your career.
• Flexibility -We want people to be creative, share ideas, use their own initiative and put their own personality into each scenario. YOU are in control of your own success and Gap professional gives you the flexibility to do so.
• Extra pennies - Of course money is a perk! We are competitive in the market with our basic salaries, uncapped commission and even a day off and £100 on your birthday.
• Progression is on a case by case basis rather than one size fits all, we work to develop each team member to maximise their strengths.
• Brand & Ethos - You will join a reputable company which stick by its core values with everything it does. We are consultative people, we are accountable, ethical and pride ourselves on being REAL.
How do we succeed?
• We are self-starters and motivators but believe success is maximised with team work.
• We are resilient to ensure we can ride the recruitment roller-coaster with all of the up's and downs and still get back up and do it all again the next day.
• We are a group of passionate people who strive to be the best in our market.
• We listen to people and ensure we are honest to build strong relationships.
• We are accountable for our actions
• We like to celebrate our failures and successes as one
Is it hard? Yes
Is it worth it? Absolutely
Interested in hearing more? It's over to you
If you have the skills required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany of gap professional, Norwich. Please note this opportunity is based in Norwich, Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your