You will play an integral part within a small team, responsible for the repair, maintenance, fault finding and examination of the metal press tooling, produce tooling dies and jigs, fixtures, fittings for the press tools on site in line with manufacturing and customer requirements to support the business.
It is a busy but rewarding working environment, and a great team ethos where all departments support each other.
Skills Required for the Tool Maker:
• Experience in a Tool Room Environment
• To be able to diagnose a mechanical fault and identify repairs that are required
• Proficient at using manual machinery to repair, maintain and refurbish existing tooling to a high-quality standard.
• Machine parts to drawing and specifications using lathes, milling machines, grinders, drills and hand tools
• To keep all work areas clean and tidy to ensure correct presentation and safety of employees.
• The ability to read and understand engineering drawings and CAD designs
• Understanding of health and safety practices
• Proactively seek ways to continually improve processes
Advantageous skills for the Tool Maker:
• Fork Lift / Counterbalance / Stacker Truck License/s
• Working knowledge of Cylindrical Grinders, CNC Mills and Spark Eroders
• Candidates such as Maintenance Engineers with manual machining experience and/or current or previous press tools experience would suit this role
• Those with previous experience working with metal will be highly desirable
Salary is dependant on experience
If you are based in Norfolk or looking to relocate to our fine city of Norwich to a secure role with a long standing company contact me by clicking apply now!
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your