45 Hours per Week
Employee Benefits Package
Our client is one of the world's largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. They have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and they invest heavily in developing their own technologies in their quest to be the global leader in sustainability.
Who are we looking for?
Fitters are the key people who ensure all the different plant and machinery is working to its full capacity so that the depot teams can get their job done. Without Fitter's hard work, skills and forward planning, their depots wouldn't be the successes they are today.
As a Fitter, you will use and build upon your solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of plant maintenance and repair. You will be supported with training and development along the way so that you can expand your skills and responsibilities further.
If you have any type of experience in working on/carrying out maintenance on varied plant machinery, heavy engineering equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, shredders, motors, 3 phase system and power supply we want you to apply.
What you will be doing as a Fitter:
· Assessing, fault finding, and problem solving to ensure minimum downtime of fixed plant.
· Carrying out maintenance and servicing duties in outside conditions.
· Working on all aspects of plant during periods where breakdowns or maintenance does not occur.
· Predominantly maintaining the depot shredder, working with conveyor belts, rollers, bearings, hammers, grease and oil.
· Carrying out some burning, welding and grinding when required.
· Actively participating in our strong safety culture.
· Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
· Monitoring all visiting suppliers - including PPE compliance.
· Assisting depot management as required.
· Demonstrable experience in fitter role is essential.
· Mechanical, welding/fabrication and electrical skills/qualifications are also ESSENTIAL (certificates will need to be seen prior to interview)
· Ability to operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment.
· Adaptable to meet business priorities.
· Organised, safety conscious and motivated.
· Comfortable working outside.
· Availability to work Saturday mornings.
. Have your own transport due to the location
You will be working at heights and out side in all whether - Certificates will need to be seen prior to any interivew.
For the successful candidate, our client can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your