Full-time £35,000 per annum plus bonuses - 37.5 hours per week - St Neots
Are you familiar with FCA Regulations? Do you have experience managing a team? Our client is an independent family owned insurance broker who specialise in commercial insurance. They have a deep understanding of their chosen sectors, offering advice and solutions whilst working very hard to meet their clients' needs.
The Finance Operations Manager leads the transactional finance team members. You would be responsible for all matters relating to client money transactions including reporting across the business and ensure the highest levels of support for the business. The key purpose is to ensure the team carry out their work in accordance with the FCA Client Asset Sourcebook and manage day-to-day operations.
Duties - Finance Manager
• Management responsibility for 4 Finance Administrators including holding monthly 121's with team members and quarterly formal performance reviews and annual appraisals to support growth and development, providing training where needed
• Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders as required to fulfil your role e.g. internal (senior managers, the Board, sales, admin) and external (suppliers, partners, accountants, auditors)
• Support the Financial Controller in providing a low risk financial environment for the business to operate within finance team adds value across the business and assists the Board with reporting and implementing strategy. Maintaining the highest possible financial standards, policies, monitoring and controls.
• Keeping fully briefed and educated on all current and future finance announcements
• Ensuring that the transactional finance team adapts, improves and ensures all financial operations processes are fit for purpose
• Working with the Financial Controller to ensure that we operate within CASS regulations and agreed TOBAs with the insurers on a day-to-day basis to successfully pass our annual CASS audit.
• Interrogating financial data to solve queries and provide solutions.
• Ensuring that regular maintenance of the broking software is performed by the personal lines finance team and to resolve any accounting queries that arise
• Leading the accurate and timely completion of monthly insurer statements ensuring that outstanding queries are resolved in the required timeframes incl. final reviews and sign off.
• Overseeing the level of debt as reported in the Debtors & Creditors report.
• Leading the reporting on debt written off and explaining this to the Finance Manager & Financial Controller when required.
Skills and Qualifications - Finance Manager
• Recent management experience in an FCA regulated or insurance environment
• AAT, ACCA, ACA or similar qualification
• Adaptability to work with various software solutions, and experience in improving processes
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, the ability to work under pressure, accuracy and attention to detail
• Computer literacy, especially the ability to use Excel to a high standard
• A basic DBS check is essential upon job offer.
• CII qualified is desirable but not essential
Please ensure you have read the full job description before applying. If you feel that you are the right person for the role, please contact Catherine Lamb at the Peterborough Office 0173 3606 240 to discuss in confidence. Please be advised that the vacancy is located in St Neots, Cambridgeshire.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your