Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
An excellent opportunity to join an established manufacturers, who supply high-end joinery and furniture to the commercial sector and prestigious residential clients throughout London and the South-East of England.
They are extremely excited to be recruiting an experienced Senior Estimator to join their Pre-Contracts team, supporting the Sales and Marketing Director, based at their head Office/Workshop near Amersham. There will be occasions where you will be required to visit their project office in Central London for meetings.
Ideally the right candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in estimating bespoke furniture and joinery, working with multiple sub-contractors and suppliers. The candidate should be confident in managing and co-ordinating all aspects of tenders ranging from £100k to £2m.
Main responsibilities include - Senior Estimator:
• Examine incoming tenders to review contract potential and value engineer solutions for the client.
• Analyse all specification documents and drawings (Architects and Engineers).
• Attend tender, pre-start meetings, negotiating pre-contract terms and conditions as well as documenting any agreements reached.
• Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks.
• Initiate technical queries and ensure design sufficiently developed to generate accurate costings.
• Computes costs by analysing labour, materials, and time requirements
• Manage the sub-contract and material enquiry process.
• Deal with variations and the change control process.
• Finalise tender submissions with the Sales and Marketing Director.
• Compile an appropriate handover information pack on all secured tenders and chair handover meeting with the production/project management team.
Experience & Attributes - Senior Estimator:
• Minimum 3 - 5 years estimating experience in a joinery and furniture environment.
• Proven experience in maintaining and building relationships with commercial and procurement teams.
• Proven ability to negotiate with sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Have a good understanding of the joinery and furniture industry, specifically commercial, retail and residential.
• Advanced use of Microsoft packages and confident navigating new IT systems.
• Demonstrate strong numerical skills.
• Be able to work under pressure and prioritise workload accordingly.
• A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills and workplace relationships.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
• An ambitious, motivated individual, keen to work with senior management to convert opportunities in to results.
Benefits: competitive salary and contributory pension scheme.
Please ensure you have read the full job description before applying. If you feel that you are the right person for the role, please contact Catherine Lamb on 0173 3606 240 to discuss in confidence. Please be advised that the vacancy is located close to Amersham, so you will need to live in a commutable distance to London.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your