Gap professional are working with a market leading pig production company who due to substantial growth, are now seeking a Pig Unit Manager to join and lead the team based in Hilborough, Norfolk. The role will require you to work Monday to Friday with alternate weekend work; total of 45 hours per week.
Duties of the Pig Unit Manager:
• You will be actively involved with all areas of the pig breeding unit to meet the business requirements.
• Responsible for managing the staff on the unit and ensuring the condition of the livestock is maintained at a high standard.
• Ensuring the unit is always clean and tidy whilst maintaining the Health, Safety and welfare of yourself and the team.
• Managing the performance of the unit and liaising with managers to report targets and maintain commercial focus while providing direction to the team.
• Day to day duties also include feeding, moving and handling the pigs as well as stock counts.
• Maintain regular communication with the office and senior Managers
Experience required for the Pig Unit Manager:
• You will have previous experience with livestock (pigs preferable)
• You will have previous experience managing team
• Flexible with strong leadership qualities
• You will be extremely welfare conscious, ensuring that animal welfare is always prioritized and ensuring that company codes of practice and policies are always adhered to.
• Reliable and have excellent time keeping
• Your own transport is essential due to the remote location in Hilborough, Norfolk
In return for your hard work:
• You will be offered a competitive annual salary depending on experience- this is to be discussed at the initial screening stage.
• Predominately Monday to Friday role! (alternate weekend work required)
• You will be joining the market leading pig production business with excellent staff retention and professional development opportunities
If you have the skills required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany of gap professional, Norwich. Please note this opportunity is based local to Hilborough, Norfolk
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your