Gap professional is representing a thriving FMCG business based in North Norfolk, who are seeking a knowledgeable and personable Safety, Health & Environmental Manager. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of Health & Safety and Environmental policy in relation to implementation, day to day operations and compliance with legislation and best practice. The role will require you to work Monday to Friday.
Duties of the Safety, Health and Environmental Manager:
• Ensure the company is meeting or exceeding the requirements under all H&S and Environmental Legislation
• Review of policies to meet the needs of / changes in the business and any changes to H&S and Environmental regulations and legislation.
• Implementation and auditing of the standards and individual responsibilities contained within the H&S and Environmental policies
• Work with the Operations Director, Production Manager and Engineering to implement and drive continuous improvement projects related to the company EHS systems
• Ensure health & safety compliance and mandatory training for all employees, including but not limited to manual handling, forklift truck training, ladder training and chemical handling (COSHH) training of staff where relevant.
• Manage any HSE or EA site visit
• Provide coaching and facilitation for site employees in H&S and Environmental training and requirements
• Ensure the business has an improvement plan for H&S and environmental and that the plan is completed against targets and milestones.
Experience required for the Safety, Health & Environmental Manager:
• You will have a formal relevant qualification e.g. NEBOSH
• Previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge and experience of ISO14001, OSHAS and 18001 systems
• Confident communicator
• Demonstrate tenacity and desire to complete projects
In return for your hard work:
• As a Safety, Health and Environmental Manager, you will be rewarded with a competitive
Salary of £35-£40k depending on experience
This is a standalone role, so you will have full responsibility for the whole health, safety and environmental operation within the business.
Monday to Friday position
Free onsite parking
Due to the location of the position based in North Norfolk, your own transport is required.
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at the gap professional Norwich office. Please note the position is based in North Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your