Salary up to £30K
Gap Professional are representing a client who is the UK's leading provider of specialist ventilation hygiene and legionella control and due to expansion, they are recruiting an experienced Plumbing Engineer preferably with knowledge / experience in Legionella control. This position will cover the Midlands and South East Essex area.
Duties for the Plumbing Engineer will include:
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance & remedial / plumbing related tasks for the adequate control of Legionella bacteria
• Temperature monitoring of water services (plant and distribution)
• Shower clean / descaling
• Water services plant inspection (i.e. cold-water storage tanks, calorifiers etc.)
• Thermostatic mixer valve inspection, servicing and installations
• Water sampling for microbiological analysis
• Clean and disinfection of water systems
• Dead Leg removals
• Hot & Cold-Water Storage Modifications
• Installation of various valve types
• Copper and Steel pipework modifications and soldering
• Various other plumbing related work on hot and cold-water systems
• Support the sales department with generating accurate and cost affective quotes for remedial / plumbing related tasks - taking into account labour and material requirements.
• Organising appropriate equipment necessary for the tasks in hand, and ensuring all equipment is functional and within calibration limits
• Liaising with client/site personnel with regards to work progress/issues & ensuring these are communicated to the office immediately.
Skills Required for the Plumbing Engineer will include:
1.Live within the Cambridge or Bedfordshire area so you are central to the area you will cover.
2.Excellent time management to ensure works are carried out at and within the scheduled timings.
3.Ability to work alone and/or project manage/lead a team of engineers
4.City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 Plumbing (at a minimum)
5.At least 2 years' experience as a qualified plumber
6.Ability to work on both commercial and domestic properties
7.Legionella Awareness (city and guilds accredited is preferred but not essential as training provided)
8.Full clean driving licence
In return for your hard work, as a Plumbing Engineer you can expect:
Good salary of between £28-30k dependant on experience
Company Van/Petrol Card
28 days holiday including bank holidays
Opportunity for overtime for any work over 7.5 hours a day
Career progression opportunities
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your