Gap professional is representing a booming manufacturing business based local to Southend, Essex who are seeking a hands-on and organised HR Generalist Administrator to join the busy HR team. You will be responsible for bringing support to the organisation and its employees, ensuring the HR function works seamlessly with the rest of the business and in accordance with legal guidelines and best practice to help support and develop its diverse workforce.
The role will require you to work Monday to Thursday 08:30-17:30 and 08:30-17:00 on Friday.
Duties of the HR Generalist Administrator:
• Administration: Full manual and computerised administration for the HR function & employee life cycle including; processing starters and leavers; coordinating employee attendance; monitoring and processing annual leave & other absence; employee communication (letters/memos); maintain personnel records; and issuing contracts of employment including variations to contracts
• Employee Relations: Drive, conduct and support managers with Employee relation matters including disciplinary, dismissal and complaint/grievance investigations; attendance and support at meetings; and producing the related correspondence
• Payroll: Provide timely and accurate data to the payroll administrator; provide support to the function; and to undertake the weekly payrolls in the absence of the Administrator
• Absence Management: Manage short- & long-term sickness absence alongside each departmental and senior manager by providing guidance
• Work and Families: Manage Maternity, Paternity, Parental leave, and other family friendly policies; ensuring employees and managers alike are informed of their rights and responsibilities
• Recruitment & Training:
oLiaise with senior managers regarding agency worker requirements
oLiaise with senior managers regarding vacancies
oMonitor legal working, ensuring that all employee and agency workers' right to work documents are legal and valid
oManage the induction process
• Health and safety: Support the Health & Safety Manager, assist with induction training, policies, and medical assessments
• Other / Adhoc: includes GDPR & data issues, agency timesheets, managing the internal booking system and assisting with annual activities such as pay reviews and Year End.
Experience required for the HR Generalist HR Administrator:
• You will have previous experience in a HR Generalist role and be able to deal with all aspects of human resources.
• Experience within a fast paced industrial or retail background would be advantageous.
• Experienced in administering a regular Payroll preferable
• You will be organised and able multi task and prioritise your own workload.
• Excellent IT skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with a windows-based Time & Attendance or HR software platform would be advantageous
In return for your hard work:
• You will be paid a generous basic salary of up to £25k depending on experience
• You will gain valuable experience within a tight-knit and fast-moving business which supports personal development
• You will work sociable hours of Monday - Thursday 8.30-5.30 (1-hour lunch break) and Friday 8.30-5pm (30 min lunch break).
• Subsided onsite canteen and free parking
• Looking for a candidate that can start asap!
If you are a HR Generalist and have the experience outlined above, please apply now - this is a great opportunity and won't be around for long! For any questions, please contact Debbie Gilmour at gap professional. Please note this position is based in Southend, Essex.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your