Gap professional is representing a booming manufacturing business based local to Southend, Essex who are seeking a motivated and experienced Engineering Manager. You will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the engineering team to provide a responsive, professional and quality aware engineering maintenance function. This role will require you to work Monday to Thursday 08:30-17:30 and 08:30-17:00 on Friday.
Duties of the Engineering Manager:
- Lead and Supervise the engineering department
- Provide support, direction and assistance to the engineers on all areas of their assigned duties
- Responsible for ensuring that all engineers duties are carried out in a timely and effective manner
- Establish and maintain a robust PPM system for all plant, building up a history of plant reliability/failures.
- Introduce effective condition monitoring for plant.
- Project management of projects and plant installation projects.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement activities and teams.
- Liaise with contractors ensuring all site and H&S rules are adhered to
- Ensure effective communication with production and all other departments.
- Training and mentoring of staff
- Ensure the engineering budget is not overspent. Be involved annually in the building of the budget
Experience required for the Engineering Manager:
- Excellent management and leadership qualities
- You will have previous experience as a Multi -skilled Engineer and hold a formal engineering degree/qualification.
- You will have a thorough understanding and awareness of HSE
- Great attention to detail with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deliver on deadlines
In return for your hard work:
- As an Engineering Manager you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of £50-£60k depending on experience
- You will have the opportunity to lead and manage a growing engineering team in a successful FMCG business
- Monday to Friday role
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Subsidized canteen onsite
- Free secure parking
- Due to the nature of the role and the location of the position based in Southend, Essex your own transport is required.
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at the gap professional Norwich office. Please note the position is based in local to Southend, Essex.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your