Gap professional are representing a thriving manufacturing business based in North Norfolk, who are seeking an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer to join the team. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for repairing, serving and maintaining factory equipment, carrying out both preventative and reactive maintenance. This is a critical role within the engineering department and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate both mechanical and electrical skills. The role will require you to work Monday to Friday (late shift consisting of 12pm-8pm and 2pm-10pm) and occasional weekends.
Duties of the Multi Skilled Engineer:
• Carrying out day to day preventative maintenance tasks across the site
• Fault finding and carrying out repairs on plant equipment and machinery
• Carry out reactive maintenance to overcome problems within the day to day running of production.
• Ensuring compliance to PM requirements and documentation
• Rapid response to all breakdown situations
• To diagnose defects, effect repairs and evaluate results. (Test before hand back)
• Always working within Health and Safety and Environmental policies
• Assisting the production department as required
• Advising Maintenance Supervisor of plant condition and spare parts requirements
• Fabrication upkeep - identify and order correct spare parts from different sources and communicate this information to all other team members.
Experience required for the Multi Skilled Engineer:
• Previously worked in an Multi Skilled Engineer position or similar
• Relevant electrical and mechanical qualifications, e.g. City and Guilds, HND, 17th Edition, etc.
• Experience within a manufacturing environment is essential
• PLC knowledge with some programming skills.
• Due to the location of the role in North Norfolk, your own transport is essential.
• The role will require you to work the late shift consisting of 12pm-8pm and 2pm-10pm and occasional weekends (shared amongst the team) therefore flexibility is needed.
In return for your hard work:
• You will be rewarded with competitive basic salary of £32-37k depending on experience
• This is a great development opportunity as the business is growing and the engineering department is thriving
• You will be joining a market leading and reputable FMCG business
• Free on site parking
If you have the experience required, please apply now, this is a fantastic opportunity and will not be around for long. For further questions please contact Bethany of gap professional, Norwich. Please note this opportunity is based in North Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your