We are currently representing a fast-growing and award-winning telecoms business based in Central London, who are seeking a Mobile Accessories Product and Procurement Manager with excellent technical and product knowledge to join their leadership team.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this role is a combination of a traditional senior product management role together with the requirement to take the lead on product sourcing globally- predominately China. You will work closely and collaboratively with departments in the business to drive revenue and profits from the category.
Responsibilities of the Mobile Accessories Product and Procurement Manager to include:
• Portfolio: - Deliver a competitive portfolio to meet customer requirements - primarily the company's independent retailer requirements, major multi-retailer requirements and end-consumer requirements in the company's target sectors
• Competitor Analysis: - Be the expert in understanding the competitive landscape to ensure products in the portfolio are comparable to competitor brands and where appropriate create product differentiation to maximise growth of current and new segments
• Product Expert: - Be the product expert in terms of specifications, impact of specifications on pricing, technical functionality etc.
• Technical Lead: - Be the technical lead for the product roadmap, to ensure new technologies and coming trends are catered for as appropriate in portfolio developments
• Product Positioning: - Develop product pricing and product positioning strategies for each sector to drive growth
• Sourcing: - Lead the product sourcing and supplier management functions. Select and manage product suppliers to maximise the businesses' commercial position whilst minimising commercial and regulatory exposure. This includes working with Chinese suppliers on product development.
• Quality & Compliance: - Own product compliance and quality to ensure all products are fully compliant with UK regulations prior to launch and that quality is maintained through product lifecycle
• New Product Introduction Process: - Own the NPI process to ensure effective launch management. Work closely with suppliers, customers, and the team to deliver successful product launches.
• Experience of managing a mobile accessories category advantageous but not essential; however, having experience of managing electrical consumer goods is essential.
• Proven work experience and successful track record in product sourcing; particularly own design' sourcing from China, and managing multiple factory relationships
• Proven track record of managing a portfolio (of multiple segments) and all aspects of product lifecycle management
• Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• Solid technical background sufficient to understand the key elements of mobile accessories products so that product specifications can be developed and products are compliant.
• Strong problem-solving skills and can-do attitude
• Strong negotiation skills preferably with experience negotiating with overseas suppliers
• Strong financial and commercial awareness
In return for your hard work, you will be part of a dynamic and fast-growing SME, with excellent existing and future opportunities. You will be paid a very competitive package of £55k-£70k depending on experience plus annual bonus
The business is currently looking to move office and will be in either Central London/West of London Home Counties. Due to the current pandemic, all employees are currently working from home and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
If you have the experience required for the Mobile Accessories Product and Procurement Manager position, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap professional, Norwich. Please note the position is based in London.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your