Gap professional is representing a thriving manufacturing business based in Norwich, Nofolk who are seeking a knowledgeable and engaging Compliance, Health & Safety Manager. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of Compliance, Health & Safety policy in relation to implementation, day to day operations and compliance with legislation and best practice. This will include ISO 14001, 9001, 27001 and 45001.
This is a newly created role in the business and a very exciting opportunity for a H&S professional to make it their own and take ownership of the department and contribute to the ongoing success of the business.
Duties of the Compliance, Health & Safety Manager:
• Ensure the company is meeting or exceeding the requirements under all H&S and Environmental Legislation
• Review of policies to meet the needs of / changes in the business and any changes to H&S regulations and legislation.
• Implementation and auditing of the standards and individual responsibilities contained within the H&S policies
• Assist in implementing and improving strict quality control processes and procedures.
• Work with the Operations Director and HR Manager to drive continuous improvement projects in relation to H&S and H&S culture
• Ensure health & safety compliance and mandatory training for all employees, including but not limited to manual handling, forklift truck training, ladder training and chemical handling (COSHH) training of staff where relevant.
• Manage any HSE or EA site visit
• Lead Health and Safety meetings and report to the Board for budgetary requirements to carry out improvement initiatives in line with regulatory and legal requirements
• Provide coaching and facilitation for site employees in H&S and Environmental training and requirements
• Enroll on necessary Train the Trainer courses to deliver relevant training courses within the business
Experience required for the Compliance, Health & Safety Manager:
• You will have a formal relevant qualification e.g. NEBOSH
• Previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment is essential
• Knowledge and experience of ISO 14001, 9001, 27001 and 45001
• Confident communicator
• Demonstrate tenacity and desire to complete projects
In return for your hard work:
• You will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £45k depending on experience
• This is a newly created standalone role, so you will have full responsibility for the whole Health & Safety operation within the business and full autonomy to make the role your own
• Monday to Friday position
• Free onsite parking
• Great Norwich location- ideal commute for those that live local to Norwich.
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at the gap professional Norwich office. Please note the position is based in Norwich, Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your