gap professional is representing a prestigious precision engineering client who is seeking a CNC Setter/Operator to join their growing team in Norwich. The client is a market leader and looking to expand the team to meet their growing customer demand.
The role will require you to Program horizontal and vertical CNC milling machines and machining centres using Edgecam software and the machine controller where necessary and you will also be responsible for setting and operating 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC machining centres.
Duties of the CNC Setter/Operator
• Set-up / changeover and / or operate a range of basic and multi-axis CNC machining centres by installing and adjusting workholding, tooling and tool wear offsets.
• Efficiently and productively load and safely operate a range of multi-axis CNC vertical and horizontal machining (milling) centres ensuring that machine down time is minimised.
• Efficient identification of production process tool wear and the timely adjustment, replacement of worn, broken or damaged cutting tools.
• Verify programs and settings using a range of measuring / inspection equipment and apply appropriate adjustments to ensure that component quality is maintained.
• Provide timely feedback to the Line Manager on issues and any recommendations for process and/or quality improvement.
• Ensure component compliance in accordance with engineering drawings and quality procedures using a range of measuring / inspection equipment and process control plans.
• Routinely electronically register and record all process operations on all machine tools being used and maintain results daily.
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities within the machining section.
Skills required for the CNC Setter/Operator
• A time-served engineer / toolmaker with extensive CNC milling experience ideally with CAD/CAM programming experience.
• Used to working to tight tolerances in a wide range of materials.
• Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
• Fanuc, Heidenhain, Mazatrol and Haas machine and control experience desirable.
• Able to troubleshoot machining processes and work under own initiative.
In return for your hard work:
• As a CNC Setter/Operator, you be paid a competitive hourly rate of £10.50 to£14.63 depending on experience- this is to be discussed at the telephone screening stage.
• The organic growth of the business means that the engineering department is undergoing a period of rapid growth and therefore there will be great progression and development opportunities moving forwards.
• This is a Monday to Friday position: Mon-Thurs, 8am-4:30pm and Friday 8am-1:30pm
• Excellent and collaborative working environment that drives a superb safety culture.
• Over time opportunities which are paid at an enhanced rate
• Great location near Norwich
• Early finish on a Friday!
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your