Gap professional is representing a thriving manufacturing business based local to Southend, Essex who are seeking a knowledgeable and dynamic Technical Manager to work collaboratively with the quality and technical team. You will be responsible for ensuring that all products are fit for purpose, continuously improve processes and efficiencies as well as responsibility for legal compliance.
This is a full time role which will require you to work Monday to Thursday 08:30-17:30 and 08:30-17:00 on Friday.
Duties of the Technical Manager:
• Ensure the company's quality procedures, standards and specifications are adhered to and are in line with all adopted accreditation scheme e.g. BRC
• Review customer requirements on a regular basis and ensure they are met. This will include liaison, involvement and follow up regarding customer and third-party audits.
• Carry out regular site inspections / site audits
• Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures.
• Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
• Involvement in the preparation of product specifications for both in house and external manufacture and liaison with production / purchasing to ensure finished product is compliant.
• Establish appropriate testing and sampling procedures to ensure incoming materials and manufactured products meet specifications / customer expectations and that any statutory obligations regarding the same are met in full.
• Recording raised customer & private non-conformances, replying through investigation, with corrective and preventative actions.
• Make suggestions for changes and improvements
• Examine ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
• Liaise with the Group Compliance Manager with regard to Social Accountability audits and related issues. (Including SMETA audits, SEDEX assessments, company policy documentation, supplier assessments).
• Ensure the appropriate HACCP management systems are in place and monitor
• Ensure product risk assessments are written and reviewed, in relation to BRC requirements
• Coordinate testing and calibration of measuring equipment and ensure records are maintained for same.
• Identifying products for due diligence testing to a third, party laboratory, periodically throughout the year
Experience required for the Technical Manager:
• You will have previous experience in a Technical/Quality Manager position within a manufacturing environment
• Experienced in managing Quality Management Systems and experience of managing BRC and Retailer Audits
• Knowledge and application, of HACCP management systems
• Understanding and application of BS6001-1/ISO2859 Sampling methodology
• Basic understanding of REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & Restriction of Chemicals)
• Excellent communication skills and good with data and numbers
In return for your hard work:
- As a Technical Manager, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of £40-£45k depending on experience
- You will have the opportunity to lead a team and make positive changes to the department
- Monday to Friday role
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Subsidized canteen onsite
- Free secure parking
- Due to the nature of the role and the location of the position based in Southend, Essex your own transport is required.
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at the gap professional Norwich office. Please note the position is based in local to Southend, Essex.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your