Field Service Electrical Engineer
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are currently working with a leading Engineering service company based in Wickford, Essex who due to business growth, are recruiting for a Workshop & Field Service Electrical Engineer to work within the Southeast of the UK. The role will require you to work Monday to Friday office' hours (40 hours) with an out of hours on call requirement of 1 in every 5.
Candidate must have experience within the heavy engineering sectors, good rotating equipment knowledge and hand on skills and abilities. Scope is to maintain, repair, and overhaul various equipment assets such as pumps, turbines, valves, gearbox, conveyors, and coolers etc.
Duties for the Field Service Electrical Engineer include:
• Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial and heavy industry electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring.
• Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and heavy industry electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards.
• The ability to read electrical drawings, although full training will be provided for our specific requirements.
• Rewire faulty electrical systems to a high standard.
• Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements.
• Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction.
• Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions.
• Install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations.
• Provide professional assessments and advice for customers.
• Possess working knowledge of IEE regulations, City & Guilds 2360 and 2382 qualifications, and inspection and testing certificate (2391)
• Previous experience of electrical testing, installation scopes, faulty finding.
• When required assist and lead planned projects and outages as directed by peers.
Experienced required for the Field Service Electrical Engineer:
• Electrical time-served and indentured to ONC & HNC, NVQ, or equivalent qualifications.
• Previous experience in a hands-on engineering role carrying out repairs, installations, fault finding etc.
• 1-4 CompEx Trained would be advantageous.
• Previous experience; Power generation sector prime movers and BOP.
• High voltage systems
• Electrical maintenance activities such as trace heating installation or testing, motor installation and testing
• Electrical Actuator testing.
• Technically minded with great attention to detail
• A great self-motivator and able to work well on your own.
• It is essential that you have a driving licence to carry out the duties of the role.
• Flexible and be available for call outs when required.
In return for your hard work:
• You will be rewarded with a £30K to £36K annual salary depending on experience + £3,600 travel allowance.
• Company van fully kitted out + fuel card.
• Generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days + bank holidays.
• Vehicle, uniform, PPE, mobile phone, and tools will be provided.
• Uncapped overtime structure.
• Statutory Pension Scheme.
• Great training and development opportunities
If you would like to discuss this Electrical Engineering position further, please call Bethany at Gap Personnel (Norwich Branch) on 01603 917 900.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your