Assistant Farm Manager
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are recruiting for an Assistant Breeder Farm Manager to join a prestigious Poultry business, on a breeding site based local to Attleborough, Norfolk. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading business in which you will be responsible for assisting in the running of the site, ensuring excellent quality of poultry and the adherence of health and safety. The role will require you to work Monday-Saturday (48 hours total).
Duties of the Assistant Farm Manager:
Assist the Farm Manager with the day-to-day running of the site which will include-
• Assist with stock inspections, male and female management, nest hygiene, hatching, egg management and cold storage.
• Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and Ventilation.
• Monitor flock health to ensure all vaccinations blood testing etc are carried out accurately and at the correct time.
• Ensure Health and Safety Policy is adhered to by referring to the Health & Safety, Risk Assessment and COSHH Manuals
• Carry out body weighing of flocks weekly adjusting feed as required.
• Set up houses prior to intake and prepare for depletions.
• Ensure tight control is maintained on consumables i.e. feed, gas, etc
• Accurately record data i.e. meter readings, temperature, etc. and respond accordingly
• Ensure maintenance of farms are to the standard required.
• Ensure all Codes of Practice are always adhered to.
• Ensure site security is maintained at all time.
Experience required for the Assistant Farm Manager:
• You MUST have a driving license and own method of transport due to the rural location based local to Attleborough, Norfolk.
• You will have previous experience working with poultry.
• Sound stock management background
• Ability to work as part of a Team as well as on own initiative.
• You will have a positive and can-do' attitude and enjoy motivating a team.
• You will be flexible with working hours and willing to put in extra hours when needed.
In return for your hard work:
• As an Assistant Farm Manager, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary of up to £26k
• You will be joining a great team with great opportunities for the future!
• You will be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business
If you have the skills required and are immediately available to start work, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany of gap personnel Norwich. Please note this opportunity is based local to Attleborough, Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your