Gap personnel has an attractive 12-month fixed term opportunity for a Strategy Project Manager with a flourishing public sector establishment who operate nationally in the UK.
This is an exciting senior opportunity in which you will have responsibility for the day-to-day management and leadership of the project team in the delivery of allocated projects. You will be driving and overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost, and quality constraints.
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday and to be considered for the role, you must live in London, Liverpool, or Newport. During the current Covid-19 pandemic you will be working from home with the view to slowly transition back to office working (flexible arrangements) in due course.
Duties of the Strategy Project Manager:
• Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
• Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team.
• Provide effective leadership and management controls.
• Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage.
• Set appropriate delivery methodologies that align to the corporate governance and controls.
• Develop and draft Project Mandates and supporting Business Case, with input from specialists, as necessary.
• Understand the project budget and track delivery within budget.
• Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources.
• Deliver the agreed Business Case benefits and outcomes and ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, monitoring longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
• Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and the need for senior level support.
• Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate and ensure that interdependencies with other projects are managed.
• Support effective governance and decision making.
• Engage with assurance reviews and Corporate Programme Management Office (CPMO) health checks and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required.
• Ensure effective Change Control processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
• Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team.
• Develop and maintain Project Plan. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.
Experience required for the Strategy Project Manager:
• Previous experience in the successful management of several low or medium complexity projects or have held a specialist or work strand lead role within a project.
• Proven experience of driving delivery of multiple change activities and encouraging positive behavioural change at a senior level.
• Demonstrable experience of working in similar sector with a commercial, fast paced, multi-site environment.
• Ideal candidates will be on no notice or a short notice period as the business is looking to fill the role swiftly.
In return for your hard work:
• As a Strategy Project Manager, you will be paid a very competitive salary of up to £47k (enhanced to £49k for London based) depending on experience.
• You will be provided with a laptop and mobile phone
• You will be joining a well-established national business.
• Generous staff benefits which include an enhanced pension scheme, flexible working hours, extended maternity/paternity/adoption pay and discounted gym membership.
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap personnel, Norwich. Please note the position is based in either Liverpool, Newport, or London.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your