Our long standing client within the Poultry sector based in South Norfolk are seeking a full time Technical Manager to join their busy growing team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company are operating to the highest standards regarding product quality, hygiene and welfare standards through the continuous development of the HACCP and quality systems. You will also take the lead and be the customer facing technical contact for retailers, B2B and wholesale.
The role will require you to work Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with some flexibility needed during peak times and audits.
Duties of the Technical Manager:
• Provision of excellent technical support for retailers.
• To ensure technical, specification or legislative information is provided to customers in a timely manner.
• Evaluation of products during development stage to ensure adherence to customer protocols, standards, and factory capabilities.
• Management of customer visits, audits, and trials from a technical perspective.
• Support of wider technical team regarding safety, quality, and welfare matters.
• To ensure that all relevant information regarding changes, amendments to the Quality Manuals, customer product specifications, working practises and or legislation requirements are communicated to all relevant staff.
• To carry out Internal audits to check procedures and policies.
• Ensure that the department's personal hygiene, housekeeping, health & safety, and welfare levels are always maintained to a high standard.
• To visit, liaise and inspect supplier facilities and supply chains.
• Develop and maintain the HACCP plan.
• Collaborate with all other departments to help with the continuous improvement of the quality and food safety of the products and the site.
Experience required for the Technical Manager:
• You will have experience technical experience within a food manufacturing environment.
• You will have a working knowledge and understanding of the principles of HACCP, BRC, Food Safety and Allergen Management.
• Experience in customer specification systems.
• Technical experience in animal welfare, and chilled meat and poultry processing.
• A food science/technology qualification is desirable e.g., HNC, HND or degree.
• You will be well organised and diligent and enjoy responsibility.
In return for your hard work:
• As a Technical Manager, you will be paid a very competitive salary of up to £34,000 per annum.
• You will work a Monday - Friday role (no weekend working)
• Great progression opportunities in a thriving and market leading business
• This is a critical role within the business, and you will work closely with senior management.
• You will have your own transport due to the location of the site in South Norfolk.
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap professional, Norwich. Please note the position is based in South Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your