Our prestigious Groundscare client is looking for a Service Manager to join the growing team at their head office in Norwich, Norfolk. The role will require you to be at the centre of the customer after sales experience and you will lead the depot and workshop teams to deliver an excellent service.
The client is a market leader in their industry who possesses an engaging and positive culture in the workplace with above average staff retention rates and a great benefits package is on offer.
Duties of the Service Manager:
• Providing excellent customer service to customers both face to face, phone and via email, carefully understanding their needs.
• Planning and allocating work for the workshop technicians based on their skills and expertise ensuring all jobs have job cards and the team have clear instructions for the work required.
• Supporting and coaching team members to ensure they are comfortable in undertaking their tasks and supporting them with problems to find solutions.
• Monitor WIP (Work in Progress) and Warranty work to ensure all administrative tasks are kept up to date and WIP is kept to a minimal throughout the year.
• Ensuring all Health and Safety procedures and policies are always implemented and adhered to.
• Provides regular updates on the workshop performance with the depot manager and group managers.
• Undertaking regular workshop meetings, briefing and reviews to ensure effective communication and high levels of employee engagement.
• Undertakes resource planning to ensure correct staff levels to meet current and future demands including apprentice levels.
• Market and promote the service department and all aftersales products and services including ensuring a culture of sales through service from the technicians.
• Ensuring the workshop and service administrator(s) work is completed to the required standards and in a timely manner including clock cards, job cards, invoicing and rotas.
Experience required for the Service Manager:
• Previous experience in a busy workshop, ideally with construction/groundscare equipment
• Ability to demonstrate leadership.
• Experience working with computer software including bespoke and office software (word, excel etc).
• This is a Monday to Friday position but some flexibility to work extended hours and weekends is needed depending on customers/the needs of the business.
• Full UK driver's license
In return for your hard work:
• You will receive an attractive annual salary which will be discussed with you during the first stage screening process.
• You will be provided with a small company van
• The company offer generous annual bonuses (dependent on company performance)
• Excellent work facilities and a healthy and positive working environment
• You will have access to staff discounts.
• Annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days + bank holidays with increases over length of service of up to 25 days.
• You will be joining an expanding business that is employee focused' with fantastic progression opportunities.
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap personnel, Norwich. Please note that this position is based in Norwich, Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your