Title: 2nd Line Network Support Engineer
Hours: Rotating shift pattern - 8am-4pm week one and 10-6pm week two. The role will also include being part of an on-call rota 1 week in 3.
Salary: Up to £40,000 with £5,000 On-Call Allowance
We are on the look out for a highly experienced 2nd Line Network Support Engineer, to join our client who offer professional services and software defined solutions to enterprises across the world. The role involves responding to customer incidents and service requests received via telephone, email or web portal. Information is managed via a standard service desk tool and several in house developed and commercial monitoring platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities of the 2nd Line Network Support Engineer:
- Act as a technical owner for all network issues, training and advising other team members to help grow and enhance their skills.
- Maximize customer network performance by monitoring, troubleshooting problems and outages.
- Ensuring customer network equipment, firewalls etc are maintained in a timely manner to latest stable versions as per their contracts.
- Securing network, firewalls and other infrastructure components by establishing cohesive rules and policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Ensure the technology, systems & support are optimised for customers including individuals or teams working remotely from or from customer sites.
- Work to SLAs to ensure that we meet business expectations. Communicate early and clearly if these SLAs are expected to be missed.
- Continue to review and improve the technology solution or knowledge base allowing issues to be fixed on first touch and minimising client downtime.
- Adhere to both the company and the customer change management processes.
- Be a true team player, working professionally and constructively with colleagues offering help and assistance with incidents, user requests and problems.
- Ensuring all customer and company documentation is kept up to date with changes.
Requirements of the 2nd Line Network Support Engineer:
- Valid UK Driving License, and access to a vehicle.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts with non-technical audiences
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop innovative solutions
Experience in the following products:
- Cisco Catalyst Switches – including 9000 & 8000 series
- Cisco ASR & ISR Routers
- Cisco ASA and FTD Firewalls including ASA image and Firepower image
- Cisco Nexus Switches (NXOS)
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) including multi-pod and multi-site
- Cisco Hyperflex
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco DNAC/Software Defined Access
- Cisco SD-WAN (Viptela)
- VMware ESXi & vCentre
- Windows & Linux
- Strong skills in BGP, OSPF, VXLAN
Technical Experience as follows:
- 5+ Years of Network Engineering experience
- Experience of troubleshooting Software Defined networking solutions
- Knowledge of Cisco Software Defined networking technologies
- In depth experience with troubleshooting and diagnosing advanced network issues including configuration, routing issues, performance concerns, software bugs, hardware failures.
- Exposure to non-Cisco Infrastructure, i.e. HP, Juniper, F5, Citrix, CheckPoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto and VMWare NSX
- Cisco Certification CCNA, CCNP
- Experience of working within an ISO27001:2013 onwards environment.
- Any scripting skills (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client. Anyone wishing for further information or apply directly, please contact Emily Moverley on 07483 006 354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org