Commutable from Leeds, Selby, York, Goole, Pocklington.
Hours Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm.
A well-established company based In Selby are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to support the office and accounts functions.
The role is primarily one of office administration and accounts functions including raising of sales invoices, passing of purchase invoices, gap lists, debit and credit adjustments, assisting in month end accounting procedures and supporting the Credit Controller during holiday periods.
The role also includes supporting the export operations department with completion of export customs entries, bill of lading instructions, consular documents, SOLAS VGM, customs documentation at destination ports/airports and insurance certificates. (Training will be provided)
- Passing Purchase Invoices and helping resolve any queries.
- Credit control.
- Insurance Certificates.
- General office administration.
- Working within and supporting the operations team with administration.
- Preparation of sea freight documentation/instructions to shipping lines.
- Management of Bills of Lading.
- Export Customs Entries NES System.
- Completion of SOLAS VGM. (Container weight verification)
- Raising and processing Letters of Credit.
- Consular documentation.
Experience / skills required
- Office administration experience.
- Purchase Ledger accounts experience
- Credit control experience.
- Export documentation experience would be an advantage but not essential as full training can be provided.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft packages).