Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hours of work: 8am-5pm Monday - Friday
Our client is dynamic, driven and totally focussed on satisfying their customers from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback, they seek to exceed expectation at every turn and, when recruiting, always look for like-minded individuals to join them. As a business who proudly care about their staff, they are passionate about the development, training and job satisfaction of employees and foster a culture of acceptance and diversity that empowers individuals to achieve.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a self-starting Accounts Assistant with FMCG experience, gained in a fast-paced environment, to join them on a permanent basis at their site in Normanton. As the site is in operation 24-hours a day, it is very important that applicants have the flexibility to work outside of standard hours on occasion to ensure that critical support is available across all shift patterns.
- Invoice sales via EDI.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of invoicing process through to confirming receipt of complete invoices using their Retail Link system.
- Understand and resolve any "First Time Match Rate" issues.
- Strive for improvement in process controls in all areas to achieve 100% "FTMR".
- Match payment remittance, investigate, analyse and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Maintain good relationships with Customer account teams to resolve payment issues.
- Make claims through systems to clear outstanding balances.
- Order processing for Customers.
- Invoicing, payment, claims and query resolution as above for customers.
- Raise and ensure proper approval of Credit Notes for customers.
- Regular reporting and analysis of Aged Debt, demonstrating recovery actions, as above.
- Accurate Sales Analysis Reporting on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare reconciliation of weekly, period sales Accounts.
- Invoice and control sales.
- Maintain, control and reconcile Inter-Company recharges.
- Update assigned purchase ledger control spreadsheets, reconciling to the NAV Ledger on an ongoing basis.
- Work in the Purchase Ledger function as required.
- Ad hoc duties and tasks as required.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Good Excel and system skills
- Relevant work experience in Credit Control and as a General Accounts Clerk
- Clear communication style face-to-face, written and via the telephone
- Must be able to build good working relationships with staff, external clients, regulators, suppliers and senior management
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A good academic record
Closing date is 17/03/2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future