gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Permanent Accounts Manager
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week (8.45am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday, with one-hour lunch).
Salary: Negotiable and DOE
You will support a Partner with the management of their client portfolio in providing a range of accountancy and taxation services.
- Overseeing and controlling the partner's portfolio of clients to ensure compliance for tax and accounting purposes.
- To be the first point of contact for clients with their queries.
- Supervising staff in their work, including management of their workflow.
- Responsible for managing and developing more junior staff on the team.
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. * Preparing tax computations and corporate and personal tax returns.
- Review of VAT return preparation by junior staff.
- Review of Payroll preparation by junior staff.
- Filing documents with HMRC and Companies House on client's behalf.
- Dealing with correspondence for and from clients.
- Providing business set-up services for clients including incorporations and HMRC registrations.
- Providing value added business advice to include identifying ways to assist clients to minimise tax liabilities and maximise profits.
- Identifying opportunities to offer clients additional services.
- Assisting the partner with specialist assignments as they arise, including providing technical support as necessary.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- You will be qualified as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) or a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or an Accounting Technician (ATT)
- You will have experience of working as an Accounts Senior or Accounts Manager in an accountancy practice.
- Previous experience in accounts preparation for limited companies and unincorporated businesses. Previous experience in preparing tax computations and returns for limited companies, unincorporated business and individuals.
- Previous experience of payroll preparation
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients.
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquiries promptly, accurately and efficiently.
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach.
In return, you will benefit from:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme.
- Access to Westfield Health and Rewards Benefits Package.
- Death in Service Scheme.
Closing date is 18th March 2021
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future