Job: Accounts Payable Administrator (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £19,500 - £20,000
Hours: 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Responsible, in conjunction with the other Accounts Payable Administrator and Team Leader, the maintenance and updating of the accounting ledgers.
Working with the other Accounts Payable Administrator and Team Leader:
· Preparing and posting sales receipts for credit accounts;
· Recording cheques, BACS, cash and credit card payments received from customers in Excel and posting to customers' sales ledger;
· Preparing the daily banking.
Working with the other Accounts Payable Administrator and Team Leader
· Electronically distributing purchase ledger invoices and credit notes
· Handling telephone enquiries from suppliers regarding payments and invoices
· Checking and posting authorised purchase ledger invoices and credit notes
· Processing of stock invoices for inter-company and other stock suppliers
· Reconciling supplier statements
· Preparing and posting of staff expenses
· Preparing and posting supplier payments
· Periodic review of open purchase ledger items
- Issuing and reconciling Petty Cash
- Reconcile freight invoices to manifest logs
On a daily basis:
· Posting entries from the bank accounts including interest, transfers and charges.
· Reconciling bank accounts to the statements received.
On a monthly basis:
· Preparing bank reconciliations for period ends
· Responding to queries from other departments
· Opening post and distributing to relevant departments
· Dealing with other ad-hoc tasks as required.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required. Some of the tasks above are shared with other members of the team.
Experience, Attributes & Skills sought :
- Be motivated and well organised;
- Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach;
- Be numerate;
- Demonstrate good IT skills;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Be a team player
Closing date is 29 th October 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future