Job Title: Administrator
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 8:45am-17:00pm / 36.25 hours per week
Salary: £19,000 - £23,500 depending on skills and experience
Hawk 3 Talent are seeking to employ an experienced and professional Office Administrator for our client, a firm of accounts at their office based in Exeter. This role will be permanent and on a full-time basis to help support the team and clients of the Plymouth office. The role will be varied and will suit a dynamic and highly organised individual who enjoys both people contact and administration. It will include assisting with secretarial functions of typing and answering telephones and supporting the partners with administrative matters.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Office control procedures;
- Assisting with tender proposals and presentations;
- Responsibility of all admin related matters for the office;
- Opening the office ready for staff and client arrival, ensuring the reception area and meeting rooms are kept clean and tidy;
- Providing ad hoc accounts administration and secretarial support reporting to the Partners, Directors and Managers of the office
- Managing meeting room diaries, meeting and greeting clients and arranging refreshments for clients and meetings;
- Answering the telephone, directing calls and taking and passing on messages accurately and efficiently;
- Provide a professional and good impression of Thomas Westcott whether that be via face to face, over the phone or through written communication;
- Audio and copy typing, photocopying/binding document and scanning and handling incoming and/or outgoing correspondence into the Document Management System;
- Preparing and franking outgoing post as well as receiving, opening and distributing post and deliveries;
- Communicating with external visitors and contractors, to ensure that visitors and contractors are signed in and out of the building to comply with fire safety procedures;
- Office Fire safety support including weekly testing of fire alarms / sensors, checking fire exits and 6 monthly fire drills;
- Quarterly testing of emergency lighting;
- Other office health and safety support including (but not limited to) co-ordinating annual gas safety / boiler servicing and health and safety related contractors.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications.
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled;
- A positive attitude, friendly and approachable;
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly;
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious;
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Discreet, professional and team orientated in approach;
- Passionate about all areas of internal and external service;
- Sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Efficient and accurate typing skills;
- Experience of audio typing an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Office management or administrator experience.
- Monday-Friday 36.25 hours per week;
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years' service;
- Death in service 3 x annual salary;
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme;
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline;
- Buy and sell holiday;
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes;
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years' service.
Closing date is 9 th Oct 2021
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.