Gap Professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Air Conditioning Engineer - Permanent contract
Hours of work: 40 hours Monday to Friday
Salary: Salary between £35,000 - £38,000 dependent on experience
We have a new position available for an Air Conditioning Engineer. To carry out planned and reactive maintenance / fault diagnosis on cooling and air handling systems such as AHUs, splits, multi splits, VRV/VRF systems, Heat Pumps, and chillers in buildings across Oxfordshire.
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures always
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the clients' needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- A minimum of City & Guilds NVQ level 2 in Air Conditioning or equivalent Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Experience in PPM and reactive maintenance to splits, VRVs etc.
- Hold current refrigerant gas handling certificate
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- F-Gas (2079)
- Full Clean Driving License
- IPAF and PASMA desirable
- Oxy Acetylene Lines
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Excellent customer service
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge and understanding of AC/HV systems
- Ability to read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals, schematics and control circuits
- BMS knowledge
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills.
- CAFM system
- A good level of IT skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with customers, employees and teams at all levels.
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change.
- Commitment to the ongoing success of the business.
- Ability to work to minimum supervision.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually.
In return, you will benefit from:
- A vehicle, tablet and phone will be provided to carry out your duties
Closing date is 11th December 2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future