On behalf of a fantastic global organisation, we are seeking a highly skilled & experienced Assembly Shop Planner to join their Wolverhampton site.
With a first-class reputation both as a manufacturer and employer, this vacancy comes during an exciting period for the business and offers the successful candidate significant opportunity.
This is a key position in ensuring customer requirements are met and the ideal candidate for this role will not only be experienced, but proactive and innovative in resolving issues that could have a direct impact on customer delivery.
Working for a low volume, high value manufacturer, you will be responsible for the control of production schedules on a shop floor area, ensuring inventory is at its optimum level and customer requirements are delivered. You will communicate any significant supply issues and take appropriate action to resolve them.
This role will require interaction with assembly & development functions to ensure the release of products in time to meet the demands of the customer, so the ability to overcome resistance and gain the buy in of the key stakeholders is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with the Master Scheduler and Program Management to determine customer requirements.
- Timely release of Assembly work orders to Logistics.
- Monitor Assembly process to ensure commit dates are on target and troubleshoot any build issues that occur during the build phase that need Planner interface.
- Ensure retro fit and customer returns demands are managed and replacement parts are considered.
- Create Line of Balance (LOB's) for daily meetings with Operations to provide status reports on part availability and promise dates.
- Create LOB's for NPI and re-start up Programs on kit status and part availability.
- Assist Design, Stress, Quality, Manufacture and Assembly when required in NPI and Development to ensure material is fully traceable. Raise, control and maintain Engineering Work Orders (EWO's)
- Understand and manage Engineering Change Notifications (ECN's) and Stop and Release instructions.
- Monitor ECN's & evaluate for obsolescence, feedback obsolescence costs to Programs and Finance and ensure disposal to the correct charge code.
Experience, skills & attributes sought:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering/manufacturing systems discipline is essential
- Experience and execution of lean manufacturing methodologies
- Proven track record of production planning and scheduling.
- Experience of Modern ERP Systems & strong knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to prioritise workloads and capable of multitasking
- Experience of producing & analysing KPI's and delivering regular written and verbal communications
In return, you will receive:
- Annual salary of £28,000 - £30,000, depending upon experience
- Good opportunities for development
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory)
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Strong contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance of 8x salary (from start date)
- Employee share option
- Additional flexible benefits programme