Asset Care Engineer
Permanent Full Time Mon to Fri Days 39 hours
Salary £40-43k negotiable depending on experience
Hawk 3 Talent solutions are looking to recruit an Asset Care Engineer for their client, a specialist manufacturer based in Gloucester. With rapid growth the past 18 months, offers excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
To focus on all aspects of performance and reliability. Using the site CMMS (Shire Pirana ) and OEE tools available, the Asset Care Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and the up keep of the asset database. Also be able to lead small improvement groups and activities to resolve plant reliability issues using proven CI methods.
The Asset Care Engineer will be responsible for interrogating and analysing data entered into the site OEE and PPM systems. Using data to identify/ prioritise/ change work plans according to asset reliability and identifying top 3 opportunities. Add, improve or remove existing PPM review process, within their area of responsibility. Leading to improving the quality of the maintenance delivered by the Maintenance Engineering Team and will be measurable using existing KPIs. Will be able to provide cover in the absence of the Asset Care Manager. Working closely with the Lead Planning and Scheduling Engineer, ensures resource labour and parts are available on time in full.
Key Performance Measures
- Health & Safety performance - Machinery Safety and Behavioural Safety
- Energy Reduction
- Waste Elimination
- OEE targets - Availability and Downtime
- Capacity targets by area
- Asset Care deployment plan
- Improvement Projects by area
- New machinery projects
- Machine validations
- Contributes to delivery of site H&S plan in accordance with Corporate strategy
- Support a safety culture of protecting people from harm
- Support Delivery of Environmental Strategy and Resource Efficiency KPI's
- Attends daily Engineering and Asset Care weekly reviews.
- Identify training needs for Maintenance Engineers and frontline maintenance team
- Facilitation of processes using tools and techniques including (but not limited to):-
o 5S - Work Place Organization and Visual Management
o Asset Care
- Plans activity in line with plant gaps and shutdowns
- Develop work plans in line with reliability improvement
- Generate and execute improvement plans
- Use data to prioritise activity and measure improvements
- Understand MRO budget
- Waste Elimination Focus
- Deliver Improvement plans covering all operational KPIs
- Support the development and delivery of manufacturing OEE improvement program
- Support delivery of primary KPIs - Safety, Quality, Waste, Capacity
- Maintain systems and controls to ensure that quality production delivery is at the forefront of all activities.
- Promote a continuous improvement
Innovation & Investment
- Develop local innovation and "Big Ideas" pipeline in relation to site opportunity & CI
- Support the development and Delivery of the site Capital plan to cost, on time in full
- Project manage capital investments to deliver growth and reduce costs
HNC/HND/Apprentice qualified or Equivalent
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong working knowledge of electrical control systems.
- SCADA (desirable).
- PLC Fault finding & programming, Mitsubishi Melsec, Siemens S7 & Logo (Desirable).
- Fanuc (30i & 160i), Parker & Beckhoff servo control systems (desirable).
- Leadership qualification or demonstrable knowledge and experience
- High IT literacy
- Agility and Capability to communicate and engage at all levels of the organisation
- Exceptional Communicator with verbal and numerate skills
- Hands on experience of Coaching/Mentoring and Knowledge Transfer process
- Training skills in imparting knowledge and facilitating groups
- Analytical thinker using Data to drive action
- Action oriented and energetic
- Ability to build effective teams
- Demonstrable track record of delivering improvement programs and small capital projects within Engineering
- Driven - drives for reliability, continuous improvement, works at pace, as one team, focuses on achieving joint goals
- Courageous - seizing new opportunities, trying new ways to improve
- Straightforward - making it easier to work
- Inventive - finding better ways of working and serving our customers and consumers
- Robust - Can flourish within an ambiguous, dynamic and demanding pressurised environment, demonstrating resilience and delivering results
- Resilience - Highly tenacious. Never gives up. Relentless, proactive focus on reducing business costs. Good knowledge of own numbers and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked.
- Brilliant Execution - Use thinking skills to analyse, decide, prioritise and plan. Can balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals.
- Communication and Influencing Skills - Able to influence people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting communication style to meet the needs of the audience. Works with Associates to do what is best for Company ahead of own division, department or personal goals.
- Customer Focused - Understands the customer requirements. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders.
- Team Player - Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals.
The Asset Care Engineer is a hands on role which is predominantly factory based. A desk and PC is provided for the role.
Salary - Up to £43k neg depending on experience
25 days' holidays plus bank holidays
Pension - Nest
Single Vitality Healthcare - upon successful completion of the probationary period
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future