Assistant Chef (Full Time Or Part Time)
£17,180.62 - £18,456.92
40 hours per week, Term time only
We will also consider flexible shift patterns to suit individual circumstances (Minumum 25 hours - the salary would be pro-rata if less than 40 hours)
Our Client is a dynamic and inspiring provision for 7-19 year olds with complex communication and associated difficulties. Your role will be to prepare a diverse, exciting, and healthy lunchtime menu for amazing students whilst maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of Central Kitchen to the required standard.
The main purpose of the role:
-Be organised and assist in the preparation and presentation of the lunchtime service
-Prepare 'classroom snack boxes' daily
-Prepare 'ingredient boxes' to be used by teachers when delivering lessons for our students
-Engage with students 'student voice' to continually improve the menu options and quality?
-Ensure that Statutory Regulations pertaining to the safe and hygienic operation of the kitchen and ancillary area are adhered to by all members of staff and visitors.?
-Contribute ideas and assist the Lead Chef and SLT with planning menus
-Place weekly food orders and engage with suppliers to ensure food orders are delivered on time?
-Ensure all work areas and surfaces are as clean and tidy as is practicable at all times and especially at the end of the day/shift.?
-Take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen
-Assist as may be required from time to time with the services and cleaning down of the kitchen.?
-Carry out any reasonable request by management.?
-Deputise?in the Lead Chef's absence.?
- Experience working in a reactive catering environment (EG School/Residential/healthcare setting).?
- Good standards of written and spoken communication.?
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy.?
- Experience of maintaining a kitchen store of fresh. Frozen and ambient foodstuffs.?
- Possess good working knowledge of kitchen equipment and cleaning schedules.??
- Able to work proactively and in a self-directed/self-sufficient way.?
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation (including COSHH regulations, manual handling, and food hygiene procedures) and requirements in relation to food preparation.?
- Experienced in carrying regular maintenance checks and recording as and when required?
- Good communication skills to liaise effectively with a range of colleagues.?
- Committed to promoting the health, welfare and safeguarding of children and young adults.?
- To be able to work on a?rota?basis to cover the hours of 07.30 to 18.00 Monday to Friday with weekend work as required.?
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme?
- Perk box
- Free parking
Closing date is 7th November 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.