Assistant Harvest Manager
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is proud to be partnering with the UK’s largest fruit producers to recruit for an Assistant Harvest Manager. Working in collaboration with the Harvest Manager, you will be responsible for field and plant preparation, including the provision of appropriate farm services on a planned process throughout the year and to deliver products in with the best-possible quality and yield.
Due to the nature of the business and the demands of peak season, the successful candidate must be flexible and able to work a variety of shift patterns which include early morning, late evening, weekends, and bank holidays.
Duties of the Assistant Harvest Manager include:
- Develop and actively promote a positive Health & Safety culture
- Ensure machines are operated in compliance within company Health and Safety policies
- Ensure all machinery is suitable to run within a food safe environment, prior to operation.
- Ensuring the machines are operated in compliance within company Food Safety policies
- Ensure Harvesting site visits are carried out daily.
- Ensure all required machines are fit for purpose, road legal where applicable and ready for operation.
- Ensure all legislative requirements, maximum permitted hours and “best practice” methods are adhered to.
- Ensure that all harvesting sites remain clean and tidy.
- Plan and coordination of field facilities
- Support the Harvesting Manager with the management of the Harvest Team Leaders
- Coordination of the field harvesting operations of the business, ensuring the highest possible yields.
- Management of a range of soft and stone fruit crops
- To assist other departments of the business (e.g., husbandry, tunnels, irrigation, camp, engineering) where required using the farm operations resources at your disposal”. “When assisting other departments to carry out tasks as per their requirements.
ExperIenced required for the Assistant Harvest Manager:
- You will have a background in Agriculture and have held a position at a similar level.
- You will have experience of managing people.
- You will have your own transport due to the rural location based local to Wroxham, Norfolk.
Package on offer:
- Competitive remuneration package on offer depending on experience. This is to be disclosed and discussed with Bethany (Hawk3 Talent Solutions)
- You will have autonomy within your role and the opportunity to make positive change and drive the business forwards.
- You will be part of a fast paced and growing business, with lots of progression opportunities.
- The role is predominantly Monday-Friday, however given the nature of the business you will need to be flexible during peak season.
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at Hawk 3 Talent Solutions, Norwich. Please note the opportunity is based local to Wroxham, Norfolk.