Assistant Lettings Manager
Working Hours: 9am-5.30pm
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very well-established independent estate agency based in Horsforth, Leeds.
Purpose of Role
- To assist the manager and develop clients and customers within the property industry.
- Run daily stock reports and format using Excel.
- Ensuring that the business strategy is communicated to all employees on a day-to-day basis and ensuring that all matters are dealt with by all staff members in a timely fashion.
- Assisting the Manager in motivating the team and educating the team in the generation of new business.
- Achieving your own personal objectives and targets that have been set personally and achieving the targets for the department.
- Accountability for delivery of both individual and collective objectives including profitability, improved market share and increased departmental value.
- Professionally dealing with clients and customers in all aspects of lettings, including negotiation, problem solving and complaints.
- Using data, feedback and interpreting market trends to ensure negotiators are delivering weekly updates to every client, offering advice and recommendations to facilitate a successful let.
- Assist with the conduct of regular 1:1 reviews with every team member, validating performance, challenging them to fulfil their potential and identifying training and development needs.
- Abiding by service standards, compliance and all relevant legislation.
- Maintaining all aspects of the marketing of new and existing properties.
- Assisting the Manager with enhancing the brand with external customers and developing the business levels of the department.
- You will be responsible for promotion and marketing ideas for the development of the department and business levels including ideas for creative adverts, social media advertising, leaflet drops, newsletter content and other marketing opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with your colleagues and customers.
- Identifying opportunities to work with and referring business to other departments in the business.
- Review of Diary management – auditing that responsible staff have verified all accompanied viewings have been booked, confirmed or cancelled with all necessary parties for the day and that access has been reported to tenants.
- You are responsible for ensuring the promotion and cross selling of landlord and tenant insurances by you and all negotiators. Including Rent guarantees and income protection.
- You are responsible for overseeing all negotiators with the processing of let only move in’s and all relevant information being passed to the landlord following the move in for the landlord’s future reference in a timely fashion.
- You will manage negotiators in the processing of move in files to ensure that matters run smoothly and move in’s take place within the required timescales with all necessary information, signed documents and necessary certificates in place. You are responsible for giving guidance to staff in this regard and mentoring with all the relevant processes for move in’s as and when necessary.
- You are responsible for ensuring a smooth transition for all properties coming to the market for let. Initially, you will be responsible for cloning properties or delegating cloning and sending them out to the landlord for approval. You will be responsible for liaising and communication to ensure that properties are clicked live expeditiously and correctly. You will be responsible for the administration of new instructions to get them to market as soon as possible. You will be responsible for instructing the photographs, blue skies, floor plans and details for typing with the admin department. You will liaise with all parties and departments until everything is ready to click live.
- You are responsible for liaising with Virgin Media to develop the relationship between us and them and ensuring that all leads are logged and that all bonuses and commissions are paid and up-to-date.
- You are responsible for taking charge of the development of this aspect of the business and monitoring the progress of cross selling Virgin Media with other team members. You should aim to develop techniques to increase take up from tenants. You are responsible for reporting to your manager results of conversion rates monthly.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for making sure we are pushing commissions via referencing partner and ensuring we are being paid for any income that we generate.
- You are responsible for ensuring regular key audits are carried out and ensure that all keys are present and correctly labelled and correspond with codes on the system.
- Answering General Calls
- Booking viewings using the Alto system
- Booking valuations
- Registering Applicants
Experience and Skills Required
- Previous lettings/ sales experience within an estate agency or property environment
- Good communication
- Experience within a senior/ management role previously
Closing date is 16.4.2022