Assistant Logistics Coordinator
£25000 - £27000
Commutable from Ipswich, Sudbury, Stowmarket
To be responsible for all aspects of the transport operations, ensuring the effective and efficient arrival/import and on-time distribution of products including any export. To ensure planning and co-ordinating is carried out in the most time and cost efficient way in liaison with relevant departments.
- Be responsible for supporting the organising of the arrival/import and export of the Company's products liaising with agents, carriers, shipping lines etc. to ensure that the Company complies with existing Custom and Excise requirements.
- Support and assist when negotiating haulage and spot hire rates are being determined and ensure any administration actions are completed. Help to support measuring performance indicators and levels, achievement against targets.
- Monitor and review subcontractors' service performance and to establish new distribution channels to accommodate changing requirements.
- Liaise closely with the Warehouse, Sales and Commercial resources maintaining and developing good inter department relations and communications. Share operational challenges and actions to ensure best in class service is achieved with LM.
- Ensure All loads are planned and recorded and relevant administration completed and dispatch notified at the earliest opportunity to the Warehouse/s and to ensure delivery notes issued are correct.
- To report as required to the Head of Logistics/Customer Logistics Director UK on relevant distribution matters and ensuring associated KPIs are updated and managed.
- To utilise and update any Rate Matrices (local & group) and ensure they are used correctly at all times. Any variation must be authorised by the Head of Logistics.
- Identify and support cost saving opportunities and work closely with LM to develop effective solutions to realise them.
- Investigate and analyse reasons for logistics errors or Queries and agree appropriate corrective/preventative actions with Quality/Technical, Sales and Commercial departments and ensure actions are implemented.
- Ensure all key performance indicators (KPIs) and/or objectives set with your LM are performed effectively and within target and agreed parameters.
- Participate fully in reviews and team meetings taking responsibility for actions agreed and to attend the yearly full stock check if required.
- To monitor and continuously improve standards of Health & Safety, performance and quality within the job function/department.
- Devise and implement common processes and procedures, ensuring daily operations are effectively maintained. Explore improvements areas and align any actions with LM.
- To adhere to the Company's policies and procedures and ensure that you respect and adhere to these with regard to health and safety, minimisation of waste and care for the environment, equality of opportunity, elimination of discrimination and unfair treatment and prevention of fraud.
Good working knowledge of a busy transport/freight forwarding environment
Experience in a logistics planning role incl. local and/or international transport
Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and highly organised
Good written and verbal communication skills
Good organisation skills with a high level of work accuracy required
Excellent numeracy skills with IT experience (Microsoft Office, with good Excel knowledge)
Willingness to learn and demonstrate ability to make decisions in a pressured/busy environment