Assistant Management Accountant
Monday to Friday 8.30-5pm
A key part of the Finance team, reporting to the Management Accountant, you will be assisting in the preparation of the Group's management accounts, maintenance of the accounting ledgers and provision of other management information.
- Completion of the month end close-down
- Producing monthly management accounts
- Calculating various accruals and reconciliations of balance sheet items (incl. carriage, utilities, cleaning, petrol, temp staff, prepayments, insurance, rents and leases)
- Managing the intercompany accounts, month end reconciliations, and monthly invoicing
- Managing the Fixed Asset Register, including monthly additions, disposals and depreciation
- Reviewing monthly variances, and preparing a formal analysis for the financial controller
- Building and maintaining reports for the wider business
- Responding to queries from management accounts
- Preparation of the year end audit file including first draft statutory accounts.
- Assisting Ledger Clerks with processing transactions (s/l, p/l invoices) when necessary, including obtaining invoices from utility companies to allocate with payments
- Assisting in the training and development of the team's Apprentices
- Weekly sales and purchase reporting to NIBE group
- Covering treasury responsibilities where required
- Managing the administration of the expenses software and any relating queries
- Reconciling payroll deductions/AOE and following up all deductions are processed
- Reconciling Debtor Supplier Credits, PO Stock credits, and Debit Notes NL to the PL
- Coding of various invoices and general help resolving invoice queries
- Analysis of mobile phone usage and spend reporting
- Monthly updating of currency rates.
Skills and Experience
- Good practical and theoretical accounting knowledge
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular intermediate use of Excel
- AAT part or fully qualified
- Previous experience in management accounts and understanding of accruals, prepayments, P&L, Balance Sheet, VAT treatment and variance analysis
- Possess good communication skills, as this role involves liaising with all other department throughout the company, and at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a larger team
- Be motivated and well organized
- Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible approach.
- Be familiar with ERP systems, and preferably having experience of working in a manufacturing company
- Flexible and responsive to a changing and dynamic working environment
- Experience with presenting/training individuals in and out of finance
- Be driven to progress alongside the business both within the role and alongside further qualifications, such as ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- An ambitious and inquisitive individual who is willing to challenge the status quo and implement positive change in the business when the opportunity arises.
Closing date is 16th Dec 2021
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.