ASSISTANT QUALITY TECHNICIAN
OUTSKIRTS OF NEWPORT
FULL TIME: MON TO THURS 8AM TO 5PM FRI 8AM TO 1PM
Due to business growth, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Junior Quality Technician for our client, a specialist manufacturer based on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales. Our client is offering a 3 year training plan (internal and external training) which upon completion, the candidate will a Quality Engineer. The successful candidate isn’t required to have had quality experience but MUST be keen to pursue a long term career within the quality function.
Main Purpose of Role
To work under the direct command, management & tutorage of an Engineer. Working to ensure the quality assurance of manufactured product within Axiom manufacturing services, utilising process control and continuous improvement through best practise tools and techniques, using IPC Standards as a guideline to electronic manufacturing assembly.
To support key functions of the Quality department (FAIR’s, CAPA’s, FMEA’s, Control plans etc.)
Outcomes of Role
- Issue PPM and OTDIF reports to assigned customers and reconcile results (Monthly)
- Review and closure of customer complaints (Within 7 working days of receipt)
- Customer quality contact (Support function)
- Support for supplier CAPA’s & FVR’s
- Quarantine store control
- Generation and distribution of FAIR’s to AS9102 standard based on customer requirements (support function)
- Conduct BMS audits in line with the BMS audit schedule
- Ensure continuous improvement through QOS data analysis, whiteboards and department action plans.
- Review and update process FMEA’s and control plans within a cross functional team
- Quality representative during NPI process (RFQ and Handover) ensuring customer requirements are documented
- Ensure that all company operating values and compliance procedures are adhered to at all times, including quality management, health and safety, legal stipulation, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Any other duties deemed necessary.
- Complete training inline with dedicated training plan
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Skills (include professional or educational qualifications required)
- Must be computer literate
- Working in teams
- Experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing background
- IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033
- IPC IPC-610
- IPC/7711 /7721
- Fast paced manufacturing background
Competitive salary – negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Company Pension (company matching employees’ contribution up to 5%)
Cash Plan Medical Cover
Death in Service (6 times annual salary)
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future