Job Title: Audit Trainee Chartered Accountant
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Weston Super Mare
Hours of work: 36.5 hours - 5 days per week with flexible and hybrid working available
Hawk-3 are looking for a Trainee Chartered Accountant to join our Audit team in our Weston office starting Summer 2022. Training to become a Chartered Accountant is both rewarding and challenging and can open a whole host of opportunities for you as many of our Directors and Partners started their career as a trainee with us and have stayed with us throughout their working life.
You will undertake both practical and theoretical training whilst studying for your ACA qualification under an apprenticeship agreement. Your structured training will take place with Reed Business School in the form of residential or online courses. We will fund your training and provide you with paid study leave to attend the courses so you will be earning while you are learning. Back in the office or hybrid working, you will get support from more experienced staff and Partners whilst assisting on client assignments. Some of the duties will include preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders; auditing financial statements and tax compliance work to mention just a few. You will have the opportunity to visit clients' premises to carry out your role and your work will be a mixture of teamwork and projects undertaken individually. This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, however the list is not exhaustive as the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications.
- Analytical, methodical and numerical
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive attitude, friendly and personable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Professional and team orientated in approach
- Strong interest in audit
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to learn new IT skills quickly
- You will be degree level educated (or equivalent) with at least 2 A Levels grade A-C (or equivalent).
- Flexible and hybrid working available
- Annual salary review and regular salary reviews whilst training
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 3 years' service
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Flexible benefits including Buy and sell holiday, Cycle to Work, Payroll Charitable Giving and Private Medical Insurance
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years' service.
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.