Business Development Consultant
Hours: Full Time
Our client is a market leading digital marketing agency and looking for a Business Devlopment Consultant to join their team. You'll need a good sales head on you – backed up by a thorough understanding of marketing solutions.
Day to day work as a business development:
For this role, you'll need a well-rounded understanding of the opportunities that are offered by my client, as well as an ability to analyse information from different sources. As it's a business growth role, it's likely that you'll be on the phone a lot but also will be meeting with clients and leads face to face. You'll also be working closely with the key decision-makers within the agency and colleagues working in sales, marketing, and accounts. Expect your role to include the following tasks and areas of responsibility:
● Identifying new business opportunities.
● Developing leads and contacting potential customers.
● Devising sales strategies and implementing them.
● Meeting face to face with potential customers.
● Keeping up to date with trends within your sector.
● Liaising with colleagues and making sure aims are shared and worked towards.
● Make sure targets are met periodically.
● Generating marketing proposals and presenting strategies to potential clients.
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
● A bachelors degree in business administration or a directly related field would be advantageous, but not an essential requirement.
● We place higher importance on directly relevant sales experience, ideally coming from a marketing agency background, but similar solution selling experience will be considered.
● A minimum of 3 years of experience in a business development environment is essential for this role.
● Experience with client management software such as Hubspot, Salesforce or similar will be important for the day to day management of this position.
● You'll need to be great with data analysis and have very good written and verbal communication skills.
● You'll also need to have a flair for pitching and have a thorough understanding of how businesses work (at all levels) and where their opportunities lie.
● Good research, planning and reporting skills are a must – as you'll be reporting to higher management and even board level on a regular basis.
● If you're able to spot opportunities and hunt out ways of making more money for the agency then this could be the role for you.
● You'll need to be a great relationship builder and have a persuasive personality with an aptitude for sales.
● Go-getter, tenacious, resilient self-starter types may also work well in this role but you'll need to be level headed, great at analysing opportunities and a good decision maker – as this will always be a results-driven role.