BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
OUTSKIRTS OF NEWPORT
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
SALARY - COMPETITIVE + BONUS STRUCTURE + BENEFITS
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Business Development Executive for our client, a specialist manufacturer based on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales.
Purpose of Role
Ownership of key commercial accounts within the Specialised Applications Business Unit, ensuring annual sales and 3-year vision is met. Provision of day-to-day customer interface for technical and commercial related matters during the prospecting stage, whilst identifying and pursuing new business development opportunities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the defined sales area and to develop the customers from both an internal and external perspective.
- Develop long?term relationships at all levels and with key stakeholders at customer sites.
- Key account management of strategically significant accounts to ensure all new business opportunities are maximised for the Aftermarket & Specialised Applications Business Unit.
- Identifying new market opportunities, new products, and new customers.
- Working towards exceeding sales targets and achieving predetermined individual and departmental objectives.
- Managing a structured customer visit program, emphasizing UK/Foreign customers for development on a strategic/value rated basis.
- Meeting with vehicle and systems manufacturers for technical project reviews and providing solutions to technical problems (training provided)
- Monitoring sales performance of the customer portfolio, identifying areas for improvement and sales growth
- Completing brief monthly sales report each month to give an executive summary of the defined areas sales performance, new business development and objectives for the next month
- Identifying and attending relevant trade related shows and exhibitions, either as visitor or exhibitor.
- Ensure all contracts are reviewed and signed off in line with the Group Contract Review policy.
- Relevant degree would be desirable.
- Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety based upon safe working practices and support environmental initiatives.
- Accomplished sales professional with a proven track record of identifying, managing and exceeding sales targets.
- A strong communicator, with excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, both autonomously and contribute as an active team member.
- Ability to listen and identify customer needs and translate these into sales/further business development opportunities.
- Sales experience within an engineering or manufacturing background (desirable)
- Having a keen interest in Vehicles/Engines/Technical (desirable)
- Collaborate with other Senior Plc businesses to ensure wider revenue generation opportunities are realised.
- Ensure that all work activities and records comply with Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice.
- Be driven with a hunger and passion to generate new business and work with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
- Demonstrate tenacity in striving to be better than the competition.
- Strong soft skills and an understanding of people behaviour and the self-awareness to react appropriately. Be politically astute.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to internal stakeholders and customers, in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly professional and capable of being a strong ambassador for the company.
- Motivated and a self-starter & able to work on own initiative
- Willing and able to travel globally and at times, at short notice.
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Excellent Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Access to pool cars for travel
- Company laptop/ phone
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working Policy
- Employee Events
- Recognition Awards
- Training and Development (Internal & External)
- Share Save Schemes
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future