Business Development Executive
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 DOE
Exciting opportunity to join the fast-growing gap professional team.
Since launching as part of the gap personnel group in early 2016 gap professional has gone from strength to strength, building a network of Specialist Consultants across the country, who utilise their knowledge & proven skill sets to develop relationships and service permanent and interim recruitment needs nationwide.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for defining and targeting prospect clients and fostering new business relationships. To do so, they will work closely with the Area Manager and Managing Consultants to develop a clear business plan and prospect pipeline that supports organisational goals and maximises usage within agreed target markets.
Business Development Executives also assist in developing and launching new products and/or services, keeping clients informed and engaged at every stage, as well as producing effective marketing proposals alongside the Marketing team.
They are responsible for keeping abreast of industry developments and market trends to ensure the division remains competitive in the marketplace. This includes developing innovative client solutions and putting forward ideas to enhance current service offerings.
- Developing a clear business plan and prospect pipeline
- Determining prospect client suitability against divisional guidelines and ensuring credit worthiness
- Utilising a variety of methods to engage with decision makers (telephone calls, emails, attending networking events, meetings, approaching via social media etc)
- Building a strong understanding of client needs, geographical areas, strengths, industries, product or service offerings and company cultures.
- Developing and defining solutions against the above criteria, that fit both client and organisational goals, whilst driving profitability
- Supporting peers with sales activity and attending meetings when requested
- Building strong internal relationships across the group to support the delivery of overall business objectives and maximise opportunities.
- Overseeing vacancy fulfilment for new clients via the consultant network and escalating any concerns to Area and/or Divisional Management.
- Maintaining communication with new clients at agreed points, including scheduling and attending service reviews
- Consistently achieving or exceeding agreed KPI's, whilst upholding the company's core values
- Working with the bids team to compose compelling tenders and attending meetings where requested.
- Maximising and leveraging Social Media networks and platforms.
- Protecting brand, reputation and upholding company policies and values always.
- Accurate, comprehensive record keeping.
Skills & Experience Sought:
- Proven successful experience in a solution-sales position, ideally within recruitment.
- Driving licence & own transport
- High levels of accountability, motivation & tenacity
- Strong commercial acumen, with good numerical ability
- Professional, consultative & adaptive sales approach
- Solid negotiation & objection handling skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Active listener, who seeks to build long-term relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Flexible and adept at prioritising workload
- Standard working hours are 8AM - 5PM, Monday to Friday, however we are an inclusive employer and offer flexibility, including reduced hours and/or the opportunity to work from home for part of the week.
- Remuneration includes basic salary of £24,000 - £30,000, plus monthly high-performance commission scheme and additional biannual bonuses based on stretch targets
- Benefits include 26 days annual leave, contributory pension scheme, enhanced maternity pay, additional incentives and a variety of flexible benefits via Perkbox
Closing date is 2nd March 2021
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.