Production Machine Minder
Gap professional are proud to once more be working in partnership with luxury chocolatier Hotel Chocolat to recruit Production Machine Minder for their Huntingdon site.
This fantastic business continues to experience unprecedented levels of growth, which will see the site triple in size over the next couple of years, with these vacancies alone leading to a 40% increase in headcount, and that's just for starters....
Since their inception in 1993, they've been raising the bar as an innovative, authentic and ethical manufacturer, who are passionate about fairness, equality & giving back - three core qualities they also live by as an employer. They are committed to continually investing in their employees and see it as their mission to ensure each person is given the opportunity to learn and grow alongside the business.
The above, plus a welcoming and energetic work environment mean these positions truly represent an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to build a career with a highly regarded, luxury brand who still operate with a "family feel".
- Location: PE29 7HF
- Hours of work: 6AM-2PM/2PM-10PM (AM/PM) Monday - Friday, Weekly rotation.
- Salary: (£13.34 per hour)
- Start dates: 1st June onwards
Working as part of a collaborative & multi-skilled team, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance to the production plan to deliver product on time in full, within agreed quality and health & safety measurements.
You will be responsible for the efficient performance of your line area (equipment/asset/processes), enabling the manufacture of world class chocolates, produced to specification and in line with parameters.
- Material availability - You will ensure all materials, equipment, and resources are available before shift and during the day to complete the plan, communicating any shortages or discrepancies to your line manager. You will ensure the team is aware of correct material usage and equipment handling.
- Training completion - Writing and updating relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs). Driving a culture of clear understanding, diligence, and high standards in adherence to SOPS. Training and mentoring new starters within your asset/process.
- Internal customer/supplier - Accountability and control of received and sent produce. Ensuring good clear proactive communication to minimise disruption to either customer or supplier from your asset/process.
- Shift Handover - Accept and provide structured information between shifts to ensure no confusion or losses due to poor communication.
- Daily plan attainment - Plan for process/asset delivered on time in cost and with targeted quality loss of less than 1%
- Cross line Machinery Proficiency - Confidence of running all assets on the line or same grouped assets in all departments allowing for future moves across lines with HP.
- Daily KPI reporting - Quality, delivery, cost, data input & recording, action completion.
- Material variance/yield control - Record and review data, highlighting any trends and concerns.
- Asset/Equipment care - PPM requirements recorded with engineering team, clear controlled storage of tools and parts, proactive care, and hygiene maintenance of equipment.
- Safety and Quality standards - Ensure compliance with all health and safety systems/guidelines across area, perform start-up checks and escalate any concerns, ensure international work is delivered to the relevant standard for that customer/country, ensure processes remove risk of contamination and that food safety, hygiene and PPE policies are adhered to.
- Behaviour & values - Driving the culture of pride by setting and demanding high standards, communicating effectively at all levels, be able to challenge constructively and receive feedback openly, have a collaborative working approach and seek continuous personal development.
- Continuous improvement - Identify opportunities for improvement and plan how process can be improved, identify areas for savings & efficiencies, involvement in 5s & other Kaizen tools/processes.
Skills, experience & attributes sought:
- Experience - Production (food or small products that require manual production) or mixing (ingredients, powders, liquids, chemicals).
- Qualifications - Food Safety level 2, HACCP Trained, MHE training/qualification, other Health & Safety training/qualifications.
- Knowledge - KPI adherence & reporting, continuous improvement tools/systems, line balancing, managing output.
- Strong English language skills - This is a multi-cultural and diverse site who utilise English as their common language. Applicants must be able to fully understand and communicate instructions in English both for their own safety and that of others.
- Physical fitness & manual dexterity - This role entails some lifting, repetitive manual tasks that exercise hand and wrist movements and involve standing for long periods of time in one position. In addition, some tasks and processes are very delicate and decorative, requiring concentration & dexterity.
- High standards - Ensuring food safety, hygiene, quality and working safely are all key to this position.
- Flexibility and accountability - Eager to learn, passion for and ownership of area, seeking to develop in line with growth, willing to complete multiple tasks, takes pride in completing all tasks to a high standard.
- Enthusiasm - Upholds company values, seeks opportunities to improve self or processes, communicates positively, supports colleagues, retains attention to detail always.
- Annual leave: 20 days + Bank holidays (Increase with service)
- No weekend working
- Discounts - 50% off retail products, dining & cafes. 70% off stays at Hotel Chocolat's Boucan Hotels in St Lucia
- Life Assurance - 2x salary
- Pension - contributory scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Significant opportunities for development and progression