Gap professional are working in partnership with Hotel Chocolat to recruit a Cleaner/Hygiene Operative to join their newly-implemented night shift.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate having high standards and an eye for detail, good communication skills, a flexible approach and experience of a similar role in an industrial/commercial environment.
You will be confident working on your own initiative and as the only employee on site, one day per week.
- Hours of work: 10PM - 6AM, Monday - Friday (some flexibility will be required)
- Hourly rate: £11.17
Carry out accurate, efficient and safe cleaning and recycling within the Packing hall. To be fully multi-skilled and be prepared and able to work in any area within the business if required.
- Ensure that all staff facilitates are kept clean to the highest standards
- Cleaning lines & swabbing equipment
- Ensure all work is carried out thoroughly, efficiently and in line with site SOP's to ensure Health and Safety standards are kept.
- Carry out Reasonable requests
- Ensure BRC & GMP standards are adhered to always
- Ensure that Hygiene standards are maintained to a high level throughout the packing hall
- Ensure you are compliant with the company hygiene policies
- Ensure work is carried out in line with H&S procedures.
- Ensure MHE is operated in a safe manner and in line with training received.
- Behave in a safe and responsible manner to protect both yourself and your colleagues and promote a culture of safe working.
Skills, experience & attributes sought:
- Previous experience as a cleaner/hygiene operative in an industrial environment, ideally where food is manufactured or packaged
- Food Hygiene/safety qualification preferred
- Strong awareness of Health & Safety
- Understanding of manual handling techniques
- Experience of swabbing & testing equipment preferred
- High standards and a flexible approach
- High levels of accountability - flagging any potential issues with equipment or facility to management
- Good communication skills