Client Manager - Water Industry
Permanent - Full Time
South East of England
Hawk 3 Recruitment are working with a national service provider and global manufacturer in the Utilities Industry to recruit a Client Manager to cover the South East of England area. The ideal candidate will reside in the South East of England.
The role purpose:
The purpose of this role is to maintain and grow sales and profitability of Company's work for clients in the region by meeting their needs.
Key duties and responsibilities:
The Client Manager will ensure client satisfaction for every project, gain repeat business and new business from existing clients and develop relationships with new clients. The Client Manager will act as the key source of information on the client and projects carried out for the clients, including client needs and financial performance. The client manager may also act as project manager on individual projects or as a programme manager for a programme of work. They will ensure project managers deliver their projects.
- Increase sales and profitability in the region by meeting client needs
- Develop close relations with senior managers and other key stakeholders in both existing clients and potential client organisations
- Understand client needs and create and maintain plans for business development to meet those needs.
- Identify business development opportunities and work with other key staff to convert them into projects
- Collaborate with finance and sales to ensure contract execution and to provide prompt delivery of cost and invoicing projections.
- Direct and manage project managers to deliver to time and cost and to client satisfaction.
- Deliver projects to time, cost and customer satisfaction where the client manager is also acting as project or programme manager.
Operating Environment and Behaviours:
The client manager is expected to:
- Operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business.
- Be courteous, respectful, considerate and supportive to all
- Contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working
- Behave with integrity, taking personal responsibility and accountability for actions
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Uphold the Company equal opportunities policies and practices.
Qualifications and Experience Needed:
- Proven experience as a project manager, preferably with client manager experience
- A solid understanding of the principles of business development and preferably successful business development experience.
- Understanding or experience in water supply and distribution
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Member of, or working towards, suitable professional qualifications in one or more of project management, sales and marketing
- A good understanding of project and programme finances.
Aptitudes and Abilities Needed:
- Self-motivating, delivery driven and able to work with minimal direction
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of staff in a systematic and organised manner to ensure that projects and programmes are completed to the satisfaction of the client.
Conditions of employment:
Salary is dependent on the qualifications, experience and aptitude of the candidate. There will be a six month probationary period.
Closing date is 9 th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.