40 hours per week
To use psychological models and practices to enhance the learning, cognitive and emotional skills of young people to prepare them for adult life and independent living. To provide direct support for other staff so they can respond to young people's communication and behaviour to reduce reliance on staff or other adults
- To assess the psychological needs of young people through the most appropriate strategy or approach for that person.
- To liaise with external professionals involved in the care of young people.
- To engage with a multi-disciplinary practice to co-ordinate behaviour support provision so that it is effectively delivered to meet young peoples' needs.
- To provide training and guidance to staff on such issues as behaviour support, mental health, and communication.
- To contribute to the training and support needs of families.
- Develop and deliver appropriate therapeutic group interventions.
- Provide tailored individual interventions to young people when required.
- Provide progress reports, treatment evaluations and risk assessments where appropriate for Multi-disciplinary and High Priority Group meetings.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with young people with autism, and associated difficulties including
- Post graduate training and qualification in Forensic or Clinical Psychology
- Registered and accredited with Health & Care Profession Council (HCPC) as a Practitioner Psychologist (Clinical or Forensic modalities)
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to promote the dignity and individuality of young people by encouraging effective communication, making choices and reducing support needs
- Develop positive professional relationships with young people, parents, families and colleagues
- Promote attitudes that value young people with Special Educational Needs as individuals with a right to be treated with respect
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Closing date is 03rd Jan 2022
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.