Permanent - 37 hours per week (6am - 2pm or 2pm to 10pm Mon to Friday)
£11.91 per hour plus shift allowance. 15% for days (6-2) and 25% for afternoons (2-10)
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are proud to be working with a UK leading Aerospace company and are looking to recruit CNC Machinists for their South Molton site.
Exciting work with excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate. Must have previous machining experience to be considered.
If you are a Mechanical Graduate looking to start your career with a reputable company, please get in touch regarding other opportunities within the business.
The CNC Machinist is accountable for setting and operating CNC turning and milling machines in order to produce parts to engineering technical drawings following set operating procedures. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge to review parts to ensure they comply with measurements on drawings and take remedial action as appropriate by adjusting offsets.
- Work closely with the pre setter to ensure tooling is set up correctly
- Set & Operate CNC machine to specific programme as per part number and work instruction sheet via utilisation of the DNC link (direct numerical control) on computer
- Load tooling as appropriate into CNC machine
- Check accuracy of first off
- Check accuracy of parts using appropriate measurement tools
- Take corrective action to rectify errors by offset adjustment on CNC machine
- Obtain & Maintain "A Stamp" Approval status for machines and processes
- Undertake inspection process of other team members work when required
- Work on own initiatives and resolve any issues or problems to company specific procedures
- Knowledge and application of lean principles/tools/5 S/seven wastes, participating in Kaizen events
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable working on different machines and assisting colleagues as required.
- Flexible in work patterns to meet business needs
- Maintain TPM on machines
- Previous experience in setting and operating CNC Turning together with Milling and Mill/Turning Machines (this is advantageous to have both qualities)
- Competent in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, and understanding of Geometric Tolerancing
- Proven competency in different engineering measurement tools / techniques
- Good level of computer literacy
- Experience in Aerospace Industry advantageous
- Experience of range of operating systems an advantage
- Worked on CNC Machines
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Apprentice Qualified or similarly experienced Machinist with CNC Turning and/or Milling experience
- £11.91 per hour plus shift allowance. 15% for days (6-2) and 25% for afternoons (2-10)
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are important for us
- Due to the nature of the business every Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future