Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are you looking for an CNC MILLER
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 8.00am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.00am-3.30pm Friday (39 hours)
Salary: £12.87 per hour + overtime (weekdays 1.3, Saturday 1.5) OTE £34,000
Summary: We require a time served CNC miller . The successful applicant must have an strong CNC Milling background.
- Use CNC machines to their maximum efficiency within the constraints of the manufacturer's operating instructions.
- Increase the current capacity of the existing machines, ensuring the order of work gives maximum machine utilisation.
- Assist in the development of new and existing manufacturing processes and procedures to optimise performance.
- Assist in ensuring correct tool management and selection is always achieved.
- Accurately produce CNC programs for the machining of in-house and sub-contracted parts.
- Use methods of continuous improvement during manufacturing to set the foundation and benchmark for future production improvements.
- Accurately read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Accurately read and use all available types of measuring equipment to ensure products are within tolerance and of high quality selecting the most efficient method of manufacture.
- Train other personnel in use of machining software.
- Train/provide an appreciation of the role to apprentices in order to improve their skills and motivation
Desirable (but not essential)
- Time served apprentice with a strong, robust engineering background, preferably within the cold roll forming industry/toolmaking/turning/Milling environment.
- Able to set and operate Heidenhain & Winmax control machines, and edit programmes
- Experience programming CNC Machines essential
- Able to accurately read and interpret complex engineering drawings
- Able to accurately read and use measuring equipment
- Experience /knowledge with EdgeCAM would be highly advantageous
- Experience using machinery such as Millers, Lathes, Surface Grinders, Pillar Drillers
25 days paid holiday - 5 days for Christmas
Holiday paid @ 1.3
On Site parking
Closing date is 22nd May 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future