Permanent: CNC Programmer (Offline) / Project Analyst
Hours of work: 7.30am -4.30pm Mon -Thurs Fri 0730am -1.45pm
Salary: £30,000 to £36,000 per annum
To help expand the Kaidex Ltd CNC programming team by working with cutting Autodesk Powermill & Powershape software (Computer Aided Manufacture) software and CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Machines in order to produce high quality CNC components, both bespoke and production.
- To create and prove CNC CAM programs using state of the art software in order to machine bespoke and production components
- Review CAD designs and provide feasibility and timing feedback (Programming and machining) to assist the WCM Projects Team
- Ensure CNC programs are correctly completed within a set timescale.
- Work within the Kaidex Programming team to share knowledge and problem solve when difficulties arise.
- Liaise with software and workshop technical assistance in order to overcome any issues.
- Utilize available software in order to aid the programming team (PowerMill, PowerShape etc).
- Create work instructions and tool lists for machine operators to follow.
- Monitor all programs to make sure they follow instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
- To study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- To communicate with supervisor, engineers, production, quality, and shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Operate CNC machines when required to include but not limited to Setting, Machining and Inspection.
- To operate lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with company quality policies and procedures, company policies and safety and environmental regulations.
- To participate in cross functional process improvement teams and will actively participate in team production meetings
- To detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities, control or control media as required to ensure quality of production. To report all machine malfunctions to machine makers.
- Program CNC mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tools, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Experience in using CAM software for offline programming (Preferable: PowerMill)
- Ability to understand CAD files and 2D drawings with regards to manufacturing
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to perform basic maths function.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Experience in a similar manufacturing role is preferable.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and reliability.
- Proactive and innovative.
- To work effectively on your own and as part of a team, with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- The ability to prioritise workload.
- The ability to work well and accurately in a time-constrained and pressured environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a current clean driving license.
Closing date is 6th June 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future