With 300+ employees across 54 hubs across the UK, we, the gap personnel group, are an award-winning recruitment agency specialising in the industrial, professional, technical, healthcare and multilingual sectors.
Despite the tough conditions of 2020, we registered 107,000 candidates and supplied 2,234 clients with 54,000 temporary employees, covering 2.25 million shifts.
In addition, we placed 2,315 candidates into permanent positions.
At the very centre of this are our Compliance team, who provide knowledge, training, expertise and the vital monitoring of our internal and external workforce, policies and procedures.
Their support is key to our business and if you choose to work with us, you'll be part of a team who is focused on employee wellbeing, company culture and personal development. You'll embark on a meaningful career - not just a job - with real opportunities for progression, and work in an environment that everyone loves to be a part of.
- Location: Stoke on Trent/Remote working
- Salary: Negotiable, depending upon experience
- Hours of work: 8AM - 5PM, Monday to Friday
Your primary responsibility as a Compliance Officer will be to perform secondary right-to-work (RTW) checks on candidates, in line with PIWA legislation.
Full and ongoing training will be provided by our internal Compliance Manager, as well as external training via immigration teams.
This training will support you in:
- Understanding the permitted combinations of right to work
- How to recognise fraudulent & counterfeit documents
- Identifying imposters
- Monitoring the working hours of those with visa restrictions and for the analysis of the working time directive (WTD), excessive working hours & under-employment
Once you are fully trained & confident, your duties will expand to include:
- Supporting the remote audit process
- Assisting with general compliance-related queries
- Data analysis in line with our modern slavery policy
- Compiling weekly & monthly compliance reports
What do we need from you in return?
Most importantly - An interest in compliance and administration. At times, this role can be repetitive BUT is vital and therefore, attention to detail is essential. You will be reviewing and making decisions on a high number of documents daily and must remain diligent in doing so.
The role can support predominate remote working, but will include (outside of lockdown restrictions) a requirement to work from the Stoke on Trent office with the rest of the team, at least one day per week.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous experience in a similar position, ideally within the recruitment industry
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management & organisation skills, the ability to self-motivate and the confidence to prioritise a busy workload
This is an urgent internal vacancy and following the interview process, an immediate start is available to the successful candidate. The closing date for applications is Friday, 5th February 2021.