gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Permanent Continuous Improvement Engineer
Salary; c£40,000 DOE
Responsible for driving productivity and ensuring productivity targets are achieved. You will be responsible for evaluating financial benefits, technical reviews, project approval, allocation and optimisation of resources across the production line. In addition, enable key business initiatives by closely aligning with internal business team members to maximise productivity, Yields, RFT, SMED, Reduce Cycle Times, OTD and all delivered under the umbrella of quality assurance.
- Act as change agent regarding to continuous improvement culture and its alignment with the organisation's vision, values, and objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of continuous improvement techniques.
- Coordinate the collection of observations, ideas and solutions and implement via project management.
- Develop and establish Project Teams within the organization to support project implementation.
- Set deadlines based on the requirements of the projects, assign responsibilities to the relevant internal teams and external partners, and monitor and summarise progress of each project at Tier 2.
- Analyse process capabilities across the Value Stream and facilitate selection of specific lean production projects.
- Be able to demonstrate financial savings to the Value Stream through process improvements, these could be completed through productivity, yield or non-value added outsourcing etc.
- Performs all job duties within ISO and AS standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Maintains a safe working environment, performs all job duties in a safe manner whilst complying with all policies and procedures.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- 5+ years' experience in a technical production environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and management of manufacturing teams
- Proven track record in implementing Lean Manufacturing
- Recognised management qualification & technical qualification desirable
- Green belt or six sigma qualification
Closing date is 26th February 2021
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future