£23000 - £25000
Commutable from York, Leeds, Beverley, Goole
Hours Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
The Role of a Credit Controller
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Credit Controller to join a small team of Credit Control professionals that provide; accurate, timely, cost- effective and high quality credit control for the company and its client base.
You will be reporting to the Head of Finance
The role is office based but a hybrid working model would be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and review monthly ledgers deal with any concerns efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain accurate and well-organised ledgers to ensure accuracy in monitoring any overdue positions
- Make timely reports to clients and line managers of any concerns which may affect the clients business or funding availability.
- Preparation and monitoring of relevant documentation in support of Court proceedings.
- Preparation of files and claim forms in respect of bad debts, liquidation etc
- Manage and monitor client accounts and limits; including ensuring clients are trading within their credit terms / limits, any changes and / or overdue accounts are reported.
- Produce weekly reports where required to both clients and management
- Bring to the attention of the administration team any allocation anomalies, copy invoices/statements required
- Manage and monitor the accuracy and age of client details.
- Respond to relevant correspondence in a professional manner and respond to clients request for assistance.
- Provide cover within the department during busy periods, holidays and absence, covering any administration duties necessary to maintain continuity of service
- Drawing down funding for CID/factoring clients
- Working collaboratively with and assisting peers with any Credit Control related queries
Person Specification of the Credit Controller
- Minimum of 3 years actively dealing with all aspects of credit control.
- Solution Orientated and problem solving
- High level of correspondence skills via email
- Organised and timeline driven
- Team orientated with strong commitment to getting the job done.
- Customer Focused with a “customer is king attitude”
- Excellent relationship building and management skills as well as the ability to use good Influencing skills