Permanent: Custom Production Supervisor
Hours - 40 hours per week
Manage and lead cell teams and to prepare, repair and/or assemble products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the definition of assembly productivity and performance targets and prioritise and schedule work for the shop floor accordingly. Ensure predetermined performance targets are met and monitor and report results.
- Train, retain and motivate quality staff members and manage the labour resource to obtain maximum efficiency. Ensure flexibility in working hours to cope with seasonal demands.
- Assist Manufacturing Manager in evaluating performance of employees, conducting Performance and Training Reviews on an annual basis and correcting any performance issues. Give regular informal performance feedback to employees and coach and counsel as needed. Identify training needs and design development plans. Ensure new starters have an effective induction and training plan.
- Attend regular production meetings, ensuring all relevant information is communicated to all staff. Present team performance during production meeting.
- Ensure all personnel are trained in production operations and work procedures to the Company specified standard and sign offs are completed promptly.
- Hands on operation of production equipment as needed. Monitor equipment and report issues as required.
- Work with production controller to ensure prioritised assemblies are completed.
- Ensure all products assemblies meet the company quality standards.
- Report and resolve errors eg. work card misprints, reworks, new product assembly etc.
- Present team performance during Go meeting
- Plan job rotation schedules with the Team leaders and seniors.
- Ensure Health and Safety guidelines are followed. Ensure workplace compliance and monitor regularly.
- Ensure defined housekeeping standards met.
- Any ad hoc duties assigned, including working in different areas of the Super Hub as required
- Minimum 3 -5 years of Production experience & team management in a supervisor role.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills & ability to direct others.
- Detail oriented with the ability to fulfil responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision-making.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects, people and responsibilities in a fast-paced changing environment, with Continuous Improvement training or equivalent
- Possess skills to develop and implement new procedures and policies to simplify and improve operations.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in MS word, excel, SAP experience helpful.
- Some understanding of PC graphics software would be an advantage.
- Good manual skills are required when working with machinery.
- Good literacy, numeracy, computer, and keyboard skills are required and have excellent attention to detail.
- A willingness to learn and help develop Customs procedures and have the ability to develop a good working knowledge of the products.
Closing date is 9th July 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.